TPT ODBC Operator

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

TPT ODBC Operator

The third party ODBC drivers which are required to stream this data are very expensive.  Please consider in a future release of TTU to allow the ODBC operator to be used with any ODBC driver even if it might be a litle slower than the third party drivers.  Thank you.

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: TPT ODBC Operator

Starting in TPT 15.0 we bundle the DataDirect drivers with TPT.

You will need to download the latest efix patches in order to use those bundled drivers.

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Great news!  Thank you!

Enthusiast

Hello,

We are using TPT 13.1 and we are trying to connect to Oracle using ODBC_OPERATOR on AIX. Could you please confirm the following

"Datadirect drivers need to be downloaded and installed on AIX"?

Is there any other way ?

Regards

Teradata Employee

TPT is only certified with ODBC drivers from Progress DataDirect.

You are free to use whatever ODBC drivers you like, but we will only offer support when you use the ones from Datadirect.

It is up to the user to obtain the drivers until TPT 15.0. Starting in 15.0 we bundle the drivers with TPT (however, you still need to contact us to obtain the license).

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have tried with Teradata native 32bit bit odbc driver but getting the following error

TPT_INFRA: TPT01036: Error: Task (TaskID: 5, Task Name: SELECT_2[0001]) terminated due to the receipt of signal number 11

I have checked the previous posts and got that we need to move to latest TPT efix. We use the following TPT version and would like to know the latest version number?

Teradata Parallel Transporter Version 13.10.00.04

Regards

Teradata Employee

TPT 13.10.00.04 is quite old.

I think the infrastructure (which includes the ODBC operator) is up to 13.10.00.20.

I suggest you go to the patch server and download the latest patches for all of the TPT components. It is never a good idea to only upgrade one component.

-- SteveF

SteveF,

I downloaded the TTU client 15.0 and installed it but I do not see the progress data direct drivers anywhere. is it becasue I need the Efixs and the License?

Scott

Teradata Employee

The support of the bundling of the drivers was done post-GCA in an efix.

Please download all of the latest 15.0 efix patches TPT.

You will then need to contact Mark Haydostian (Mark.Haydostian@Teradata.com) for the license key.

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Hi Steve,

where is the patches server where you should download efixes from?

Sven