TPT Oracle JDBC connection

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

TPT Oracle JDBC connection

Hi,

I am not able to Connect an Oracle Database Using the JDBC connection from TPT. I am using others tools which uses JDBC connection without any problem.

Can any one suggest good documentation for migrating data from Oracle to Teradataa?.

If ODBC connection is the recommanded one, then please let me know which ODBC driver is the best one to use (apart from Data Direct ODBC Driver for Oracle)

16 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: TPT Oracle JDBC connection

HI,

Is there any Open source ODBC driver supported by Teradata TPT.

Enthusiast

Whenevenn i tried to connect using JDBC connection, TPT throws exception that Oracle_home not configured properly. i have defined ORACLE_HOME in the environment variables but still it throws exception.

can any one help on this?

Teradata Employee

We do not certify with any open source ODBC driver.

The only ODBC driver with which we certify is DataDirect (now called Progress).

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Hi Steve,

Does Teradata TPT support connectivity to Oracle Database using JDBC in any of the recent releases. If no, ODBC is the only solution available to connect other Relational database from TPT and pull data.

Thanks

TDThrottle

Teradata Employee

TPT does not have any integration with JDBC. ODBC is the only solution for connecting to non-Teradata databases.

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Thanks for the clarification Steve

Enthusiast

We tried using default ODBC driver from TD 15.10 to connect Oracle referencing below library files. Test case failed with following error.

I believe 15.10 ODBC driver is trying to refer DataDirect Library files which is an proprietary software. Can you please clarify, if DataDirect drivers is integrated with 15.10 with no additional licensing or we need to purchase separate license.

$ ./adhoc

Enter Data Source Name: oracledns

Enter UserID: rf_user

Enter Password:

Connecting with SQLConnect(DSN=oracledns,UID=rf_user,PWD=*)...

adhoc: (SQL Diagnostics) STATE=IM002, CODE=0, MSG=[DataDirect][ODBC lib] System information file not found. Please check the ODBCINI environment variable.

Library files referred

/opt/teradata/client/15.10/tbuild/odbc/lib64/_Tor827.so

Thanks

TDThrottle

Enthusiast

Hi,

Did you happen to set the ODBCINI variable to the odbc.ini file you have the DSN settings in?

Try this:

export ODBCINI=<your odbc.ini file full path>

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/teradata/client/15.10/tbuild/odbc/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Enthusiast

Thanks Vishnu.

Forgot to mention earlier, we tested the ODBC connectivity after setting both env variables

export ODBCINI=/home/xxxxxx/odbc.ini

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/teradata/client/15.10/tbuild/odbc/lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Any inputs over:

I believe 15.10 ODBC driver is trying to refer DataDirect Library files which is an proprietary software. Can you please clarify, if DataDirect drivers is integrated with 15.10 with no additional licensing or we need to purchase separate license.

Thanks

TDThrottle