TPT script loading issue

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

TPT script loading issue

When I am trying to load 'sample table' table it's not throwing any error and not loading the corresponding table as well.

I got the following output:
Operator_LOAD_sampletable: Total Rows Sent To RDBMS: 4
Operator_LOAD_sampletable: Total Rows Applied: 0
Operator_LOAD_sampletable: Total Possible Duplicate Rows: 4

I have other language data in my data file.

Is anybody faced this problem or else have an idea?
If so,please share with me,I need it .

Thanks
Tags (1)
17 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: TPT script loading issue

check the error table
Enthusiast

I am seeing the exact same issue. The table does not have a UPI or USI defined on it and the UV error table is empty after the load.

How can there be *Possible* Duplicate Rows on a table without a uniqueness constraint?
Enthusiast

If you're using the load operator, it is analagous to fastload, which discards any rows that are duplicates. Check the data set your trying to load...
Enthusiast

I have exactly same problem now.

We use 'create multiset' statement to create a table and it definitely doesn't have duplicates. However ALL the rows get discarded..

$LOAD: Statistics for Target Table:  'pt_fragment'

$LOAD: Total Rows Sent To RDBMS:      38080

$LOAD: Total Rows Applied:            0

$LOAD: Total Possible Duplicate Rows: 38080

Any help?

Teradata Employee

You will have to look inside the log (not just the messages on the console) to see if there is any additional information.

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Thanks. Was able to find an error code in the _err table. Apparently I have a problem with date formatting that has nothing to do with duplicate records. Very inconstent error reporting...

Teradata Employee

Yeah, we are working to correct that.

The console is supposed to have the row counts from the error tables, and thus you would not have a value in the "duplicate row" message.

We actually do not know how many rows are dups. We just perform the basic math calculation based on rows sent to Teradata, then subtract the number of rows in the error table, minus the number of rows in the error tables. Anything left over is suspected to be missing due to be thrown away by Teradata as a dup.

-- SteveF
Teradata Employee

I am getting similar error but is not related to invalid data.     

When using load operater to MULTISET NOPI  all rows load. 

When using load operator MULSTISET NUPI is used "duplicates" are rejected.    The ET and UV tables are empty after the load - even when specifying to retain the tables.

Any ideas?

Using a NUPI multiset table:

$LOAD: Total Rows Sent To RDBMS:      21135243

$LOAD: Total Rows Applied:            114917

$LOAD: Total Possible Duplicate Rows: 21020326

Using a NOPI multiset table

$LOAD: Total Rows Sent To RDBMS:      21135243

$LOAD: Total Rows Applied:            21135243 

Teradata Employee

The Load operator uses the FastLoad protocol.

With the FastLoad protocol, you cannot insert duplicates rows into a MULTISET table. They will be discarded by the DBS during the Application Phase.

This is a DBS restriction, not a client utility restriction.

Since the loading of a NOPI table by the Load operator does not have an Application Phase, the duplicates cannot be discarded by the DBS, and thus duplicates can be stored in a NOPI table.

-- SteveF