I am new to Teradata. I am trying to load the data from csv file to Teradata 13.0 on VMWARE using TPT, where in columns are enclosed with double quotes (") and delimited with pipe ( | ).
You must enable the quoted data feature by setting the QuotedData attribute in the DataConnector attribute to 'yes' or 'optional'.
Please refer to the documentation for details.
Thanks for the reply. However, I had tried that option as well by specifying below -
VARCHAR QuotedData = 'Y',
and also I tried -
VARCHAR QuotedData = 'Optional'
but none is working.
Sorry, I forgot to ask what version of TPT you are using.
The QuotedData feature was introduced in TPT 14.0.
If you are using a version prior to that, then the quotes will always be part of the data.
I am using Teradata 13.0 express edition on VMWARE.
Is there any other way to get the desired result?
The only way is to upgrade to a newer version of TPT.
(TPT 13.0 is not a supported release anymore.)
Or pre-process the data and strip the quotes.
Also, let me know if TPT 13.0 version supports the .gz (zipped files).
Can you please provide any link to compare the features/differences between 13.0 and 14.0 versions.
I installed 14.1 and was able to load the file with comma seperated fields, optionally enlcosed with double quotes through TPT
sample data -
Can you please help me below -
1. Is there any other method (other than TPT) which also support - comma separated data, and optionally enclosed with double quotes, like example I specified above.
2. In TPT, I am not sure, but there is limitation that I can load the data only to varchar fields in the table, but what if I have number/date fields as well.
3. When I am using FLOAD, I can specify - SET RECORD VARTEXT DELIMITER ';' QUOTE YES '"';
but issue is that every column data must be enclosed with " but in my data it is optional. Is there any way to get it done?
4. I am using 14.1 express edition on vmware. There the no. of Instance is - 1, AMP - 2, and the maximum sessions that can be called - 2. Is there any way I can increase the number of AMP's? And if Yes, what is the way to do the same (All steps)
Thanks in Advance
5. Also, Can you please let me know whether we can skip record (HEADER) with FASTLOAD. RECORD 2 is not working.
6. Can we use TDLOAD to load the above type of data - comma separated with optionally enclosed with " and also need to skip the first row (header).