TTU 13.1

Tools & Utilities
Teradata Employee

TTU 13.1

Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading my client's desktops to the TTU 13.1 version. Does PMON (Performance Monitor) still exist with this version? I could not find it in the utilities.

If PMON does still exist, can someone tell me where I can download it from? If it does not exist, what replaced it?

Thanks!

Paul
5 REPLIES
Junior Contributor

Re: TTU 13.1

Hi Paul,
there's no TD13.10 version for PMon anymore (and no more TD Manager/TDWM).
It's replaced by the Monitor Session portlet in Viewpoint.

But you can still use PMon 13.00 to access TD13.10, at least in the current patch levels.

Dieter
Teradata Employee

Thanks Dieter!
Teradata Employee

The PMON is present in ViewPoint as Query Spotlight and Query Monitor.

The portlet can be accessed thru:

1. Add Content > Monitoring > Query Spotlight -- This portlet shows all queries ran for the last 24 hours (default). The date can be customized to any date and time range.
1.1 By default, the portlet will show 4 columns: USERNAME, IMPACT CPU, REQ CPU and START
1.2 Clicking on any USERNAME will further drill down info showing: OVERVIEW, SQL, Explain, Query Band, Blocked By, Snapshot (max skew/delta)
1.3 The columns can be sorted in increasing or decreasing order.

2. Add Content > Monitoring > Query Monitor -- An high-level overview of ONLY ACTIVE sessions in runtime.
2.1 Clicking the any Session ID will further drill down info by showing: OVERVIEW, SQL, Explain, Query Band, Blocked By

Paul's first post asked "If PMON does still exist, can someone tell me where I can download it from?".

We do not yet have Viewpoint and I have been unsuccessful in locating where to download PMON.

Can anyone tell me where it is located? Thanks!
Teradata Employee

Officially, PMON, Teradata Manager, and TDWM are not forward compatible. So you should NOT be using 13.0 versions of these products against Teradata DB 13.10. TDWM flat out doesn't work. Teradata Manager provides incorrect information for some metrics. The communication has always been, you must be using Viewpoint and the associated portlets for management and monitoring of Teradata Database 13.10. Please check with your Teradata representatives on this.