Table Migration : The string contains an untranslatable character

Tools & Utilities
Teradata Employee

Table Migration : The string contains an untranslatable character

I'm traying to do a table migration between two enviroments of Teradata using AtanaSuite (Copy Tool). The problem is the next one:

The table that I'm traying to copy contain Chinese characters and when the job finish, it show me an error message:

"The load completed successfully, but 9 rows(s) were rejected. Examine the error tables for details."

After checking the Error table I found Error Code and Text Code:

6706 The string contains an untranslatable character.

I've configured my local Pc (Teradata SQL Assistant) to see Chinese characters and if I do a query to my source table, I can see all rows with Chinese characters but the migration still fails.

Hope Anyone can help me with this. A response on this would be highly appreiated.

Thanks and Best Regards.
4 REPLIES

Re: Table Migration : The string contains an untranslatable character

Hi! I just finished resolving this issue, what I did is change the character set of the field in which has the foreign characters from Latin to Unicode. Just make sure that all field that has the foreign character set to Unicode. Re-run, it should already work after. If still not, re-import the target and re-run the job.

Hi, all. I got this error and I couldn't figure out how to change the character set. So I opened the query in Dreamweaver, which showed me where the "bad" characters were. That enabled me to fix it.

Fan

hi !.. I need to migrate the teradata database (server is in remote place) to mysql  (basically i have to create .sql dump file) and i am using teradata studio express v13.10

can any body suggest or guide me how to do it , or any tolls that help to do it.

Enthusiast

if we get error like "untranslatable character" then we need to change the data set from LATIN to UNICODE.

If we get error like bad character means the data type of the column and data is not in in same format like if the column data type is int and we get the data like varchar.