Hi! I just finished resolving this issue, what I did is change the character set of the field in which has the foreign characters from Latin to Unicode. Just make sure that all field that has the foreign character set to Unicode. Re-run, it should already work after. If still not, re-import the target and re-run the job.
Hi, all. I got this error and I couldn't figure out how to change the character set. So I opened the query in Dreamweaver, which showed me where the "bad" characters were. That enabled me to fix it.
hi !.. I need to migrate the teradata database (server is in remote place) to mysql (basically i have to create .sql dump file) and i am using teradata studio express v13.10
can any body suggest or guide me how to do it , or any tolls that help to do it.
if we get error like "untranslatable character" then we need to change the data set from LATIN to UNICODE.
If we get error like bad character means the data type of the column and data is not in in same format like if the column data type is int and we get the data like varchar.