Tdload failing with TPT02638: Error: Conflicting data length

Tools & Utilities

Tdload failing with TPT02638: Error: Conflicting data length

We are trying to use tdload to export data from one system and load it to another in same job.It is throwing error like Conflicting data length for column, source column length is (16)  target column length(8). The data type for this column is decimal(30,0) on both source and target systems. However while we are TPT version 14 this used to work, one week back we upgraded to TPT 15.10.1 where as our databae verison is still 14.10.7.1. So is this upgrade is causing issue or is there any way we can rectify this?  Isaw in other forums to increase maxdecimaldigits to 38, Is this possible with tdload?

Thanks,

Mani

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Tdload failing with TPT02638: Error: Conflicting data length

You should be able to override this via CLIv2 which TPT calls.

Specify max_decimal_returned=38 in a clispb.dat file and specify the path in which this file can be found using COPLIB environment variable.

Enthusiast

This worked for me... Thanks!!!!

One more question tho... If I should open new thread, let me know and I will do it, but is there a way for TPT to accept usernames that start with an integer.  We use our SSO (9 digit number) for all logons and TPT doesn't like it a bit.  I tried to encase it in double quotes but that doesnt work either.

Any ideas?

thanks and regards,

Alan

Teradata Employee

How are you specifying the username, and what is the error you get?

-- SteveF