Teradata Parallel Transporter ODBC connection fails

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

Teradata Parallel Transporter ODBC connection fails

I've just started working the Teradata Parallel Transporter utility. I'm attempting to import data from an Oracle datable. However, when I attempt to establish the connection, I get an error message "There was a database access error – check privledges.” I can access the tables in question through SQL*Plus, MS Access and SQL Assistant; so there is not a privledges problem. Any ideas what you might need to tweak in TPT to get the ODBC connection to work?

NM
2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Parallel Transporter ODBC connection fails

I think somebody responded to my personal email (which I can't access at work) rather than here. If I remember the questions they were about the Oracle ODBC driver I've successfully used with SQL Assistant, SQL*Plus and MS Access. I don't know where we got it; it was on my machine when I came to work here. It is the Oracle ODBC driver provided by Oracle. Ours is version 9.02.00.03; SQORA32.DLL, dated 11/1/02.

The ORAODBC.INI file text is:

[Oracle ODBC Driver Common]
Driver Logging=0
RemoveControlChars=NO
LockTimeOut=0
Proxy Access=0
[Oracle ODBC Driver for Rdb]
Transport=2=tcp/ip,1=decnet
Client Logging=0
FetchAhead=YES
NetworkBufferSize=1300

There was mention of "file level permissions"(?) I'm not sure which file permissions would be involved.

Nolan
Enthusiast

Re: Teradata Parallel Transporter ODBC connection fails

An update - I was able to create a TPT script using an ODBC connection to DB2. It seems as tho TPT has some problems with my Oracle ODBC driver than SQL Assistant and other tools don't.

Nolan