Teradata Tool and Utilities package for Linux

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

Teradata Tool and Utilities package for Linux

I wanted to install Teradata Tool and Utilities for Red-Hat Linux from the teradata site  https://downloads.teradata.com

Although I could find the binary for Teradata Tools and Utilites-Windows Installation Package but I could not find similar package for Linux system.

Is it possible to freely download Teradata Tools and utilities package for Linux.If yes could you provide the link for same.

5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Tool and Utilities package for Linux

The drivers and Teradata Studio downloads for Linux are on that site. But the full TPT suite for Linux would need to be obtained via Teradata @ Your Service or from your Teradata representative.

Enthusiast

Thanks a lot for the info.But the drivers available for download on the does'nt include the Fastexport utility so I need to obtain it from Teradata.Is this understanding correct?

Enthusiast

I am new to Teradata and unaware whether FastExport utility is among the drivers available for free download from Teradata site or would need to be obtained via Teradata or from your Teradata representative?Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance...

Teradata Employee

FastExport is not a free utility.

It requires a license (part of the Basic or Enterprise license for TTU).

-- SteveF

Is there a particular reason why the TTU for Windows is made available and the TTU for Linux is not?