Teradata Wallet and OLE DB Load

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

Teradata Wallet and OLE DB Load

Hello,

Is there a way to use the Teradata Wallet with the Teradata OLE DB Load utility? I see SSO as an option, but I would like to use the Wallet functionality.

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Teradata Wallet and OLE DB Load

Yes, You can use Teradata Wallet in OLE DB Load utility. 

Follow the instruction below:

1) Install Teradata wallet and keep your password in the wallet as follows:

c:\> tdwallet add oatmeal
Enter desired value for the string named "oatmeal":
deCor8
String named "oatmeal" added.
c:\>

Note: the user enters the value shown in blue above, but it is not visible on the screen.

2) Launch OleLoad utility and provide Database name, user id same as earlier. But instead of password of the user, provide "$tdwallet(oatmeal)". This will be not visible, but it will work.

3) Connect to destination database, generate script and proceed as it is. Notice that the script will have "$tdwallet(oatmeal)" instead of the actual password of the user.

Enthusiast

Thanks, Sudhansu. That worked perfect for me.

Teradata Employee

Great. I am reposting because my post earlier might lead to confusion.

Follow the instruction below:

1) Install Teradata wallet and keep your password in the wallet as follows:

c:\> tdwallet add oatmeal 

Enter desired value for the string named "oatmeal": 

deCor8 

String named "oatmeal" added. 

c:\> 

Note: the user enters the value "deCor8" above, but it is not visible on the screen.

2) Launch OleLoad utility and provide Database name, user id same as earlier. But instead of password of the user, provide "$tdwallet(oatmeal)". This will be not visible, but it will work.

3) Connect to destination database, generate script and proceed as it is. Notice that the script will have "$tdwallet(oatmeal)" instead of the actual password of the user.