Teradata tools and utilities for MAC

Tools & Utilities

Hi All,

I am trying to download the teradata tools and utilities software for MAC.I have this for windows but not for MAC. Can someone help in this regard.

Thanks,

Megha

6 REPLIES

Re: Teradata tools and utilities for MAC

Hi All,

I am trying to download the teradata tools and utilities software for MAC.I have this for windows but not for MAC. Can someone help in this regard.

Thanks,

Megha

I am  also trying to download the Tools and Utilities for Mac,    I do not see any answer for this question which was asked about two years ago. 

what is the  tool to do administration , like adding perm space  and  performing other administrtive tasks on Mac os. 

Teradata Employee

Teradata Studio (not Studio Express) includes an "Administration" perspective, and is the advocated tool going forward for MacOS, Linux, and Windows.

Fred, thanks for answering .

I have Teradata Studio on my mac , and I do see administrator Tab , but  it  does not really allow me to do system   level  administration , like adding Perm space  , adminitrating users etc. is there different vesion for teradata Studion , or I am missing  and need to expore  the tool a  bit more to find that option . 

thanks 

Faheem

Teradata Employee

That tool should allow you to do what you need to, assuming you have the correct access rights.

You might have to type in the SQL commands manually in the SQL command window.

-- SteveF
Teradata Employee

In the Navigator tab, "right-click" the parent database and choose "Show Child Databases / Users".

The toolbar (and right-click menu) in the Object List Viewer will then include Move Space, several options to administer Users, etc.