Updates for Express?

Tools & Utilities

Updates for Express?

I'm using TD Express 13 in my development environment and I'm wondering if there is a way to update/patch it beyond version 13.0.0.08 because there seem to be versions much higher that this in the non-express versions.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES
Junior Contributor

Re: Updates for Express?

I don't think there's a patch, but the Linux downloads are updated to 13.00.00.19 and 12.00.02.07

Dieter
Enthusiast

Teradata just released an update for the 40GB VMWare TD Express 12 bringing it to release 12.00.03.14. Not sure if this means an update for the VMWare edition of TD Express 13 is imminent though.
Enthusiast

In this case, we would have to re-download the whole Express package. Run the new VMware Express package, and have both old and new versions running. This is nice if we want to see any diff's in functionality between versions.

I like Randy909's idea of patching your currently running Instance, just like we do for non VMware Teradata. This opens up a whole new set of opportunities for the Express version.

How can we test this on our currently running VMware instance with an actual patch?

I believe this is an important 'functionality' for the VMware versions.
Enthusiast

Customers of the licensed versions pay for regular maintenance, which includes access to patch releases, through their license and subscription fees. TD Express, on the other hand, is free. You get what you pay for.