Utilities interacting with mload

Tools & Utilities
Enthusiast

Utilities interacting with mload

Hi,

May I know what are the TD utilities interacting with mload?

Thanks and regards,
Raja
7 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Utilities interacting with mload

Raja,

Utilities are a mean to interact with Teradata database, Mload is istself a utility to interact with teradata database. 

Can you please elaborate your question, what do you mean by "Utilities interacting with mload"?

Khurram
Enthusiast

Khurram,

The question is pretty clear :). 

Cheers,

Raja

Teradata Employee

Mload is a utility. It does not interact with any other utilities.

Enthusiast

Raja,

Probably you have got answer from Tom :)

Khurram
Enthusiast

Hi,

How about QrySessn? Let it be answered by someone who has better knowledge on mload, if yes then what are those, if no then it ends  with no.

I think you have a bad experience with Tom :). I should be thankful to all who provide me knowledge.

Cheers,

Raja

Teradata Employee

The Teradata Database server-side utility qrysessn does not "interact" with the TTU client-side utility MultiLoad.

Google provides the following definition for "interact" -- act in such a way as to have an effect on another; act reciprocally.

The qrysessn utility displays session information, including session information for MultiLoad sessions, but it has no effect on the MultiLoad utility; therefore, there is no interaction between the two.

Enthusiast

Tom,

Thanks for the clarification but I see in the document now that it says

I heard this from someone but I look at the document I found the underlined statement below. Maybe it is meant to interpret that way.

" The QrySessn Utility provides real-time, phase-oriented progress reports at selected intervals during the Teradata MultiLoad job". 

Cheers,

Raja