Where I can find the install download for Teradata Tools and Utilities (urgent!)

Tools & Utilities

Where I can find the install download for Teradata Tools and Utilities (urgent!)

We have an urgent case which need to use Teradata FastLoad utility. I assume we need to install Teradata Tools and Utilities. Could anyone tell me where I can find the download for it?

Thanks,
Miao
6 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Where I can find the install download for Teradata Tools and Utilities (urgent!)

Are you a Teradata employee or customer?

You might want to check here:

http://www.teradata.com/services-support/teradata-at-your-service

I have an internal link but I don't think it works unless you are logged into VPN.
Enthusiast

Re: Where I can find the install download for Teradata Tools and Utilities (urgent!)

Do they only make this utility available on request? we use a Teradata Data Warehouse but I can't find the fastload installer package anywhere???
Teradata Employee

The Teradata load utilities are not available for download. They are delivered on CDs to customers. Contact your Teradata Account Manager and he can expedite a shipment.

The software available for download from the Teradata-At-Your-Service website are the patched versions of products. Not all products are patched.

The best practice is to install the product from the CD and then go to the Teradata-At-Your-Service website to access the Teradata patch server and download the latest patched version of the product (if a patched version exists).

what if i am using the trial version? will they send me the CDs as well?
Enthusiast

The Teradata Express Edition for VMWare contains the regular set of Teradata utilites pre-installed in the VM image.

yeah,that's right. We can found it in the VMWare Teradata Express Edidtion.