Windows 7 & SQL Assistant/Teradata Administrator

Tools & Utilities
Teradata Employee

Windows 7 & SQL Assistant/Teradata Administrator

Hi All,

What version of the Teradata utilities (SQL Assistant, Teradata Administrator, ODBC drivers) will work with a laptop that has Windows 7 installed? Where can I find the correct download site for this?

Thanks!

Paul
15 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Windows 7 & SQL Assistant/Teradata Administrator

The (near) future release of TTU 13.10 has been fully tested on Windows 7.
We have also done limited testing with 13.0 and I am not aware of any problems there either.
Versions prior to 13.0 will probably refuse to install on a Windows 7 system since they will identify it as an 'unknown' operating system.
Teradata Employee

Thanks Mike. Where would be the best place to download TTU 13.0 so that I can try it out? All we have here at the client site is version 12

Thanks!

Paul
Teradata Employee

Support for TTU on Windows 7 is targeted for Q2 so not quite yet.
Teradata Employee

Where could I download vesion 13 of the Teradata Utilities? I would like to try this with Windows 7, it may work since no one has heard of issues with this release.

Thanks!

Where can I download Teradata SQL Assistant non-java version?

I want to install on my laptop to access company teradata server.

The java edition is slow and unfamiliar.

Teradata Employee

You can download the latest efix from the patch server.
I think this will require a T@YS account.
Alternatively you can use the TTU 13 CDs (Edition 2) but that wil not give you the latest patch release.
N/A

Hi,
I'm trying to install "SQL Assistant Java Edition 13.01 for Windows 64-bit" (file name-teradatasqla__win64_x86.13.01.00.00) on
windows 7 Operating system its failing with 'Installation package not supported by this processor type' error.
My system processor is -
Intel Core2Duo CPU E7500@2.93Ghz
Please guide me how to proceed.

Thanx in adavnce.
Teradata Employee

@sajive That message usually indicates that a 64-bit application is being installed on a 32-bit operating system or vice versa. Is it possible that you have installed the 32-bit version of Windows 7?
Fan

I also met this problem "Teradata SQL Assistant 12.0 is not supported on unknown Windows Version",when installing Teradata.How should we solve this kind of problem,is there any version like TTU 13.10 referred above for us to use?