bteq export and import for _ET dataparcel

Tools & Utilities
Teradata Employee

Re: bteq export and import for _ET dataparcel

The data in the varbyte does not have the delimiter. We do not send "delimited" data to Teradata. We process the delimited data and send the row to Teradata as a series of VARCHAR fields.

If you extract the data yourself, you will have access to the VARCHAR data. Our extractor tool will be reconstructing the delimited data and converting VARCHARs back into delimited records.

So, you may want to try to extract out yourself and just process the VARCHAR columns.

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

ok Thank you Feinholz.

-Suhail

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Hi All ,

I have a similar situation where I want to export the data from the error table as a delimited file.

Please suggest if anything in handy

Not applicable

Hi,

I am  new to terradata.Importing the output of a sql query to a new table created in Terradata BTEQ through 'cmd' involves DATA mode,VARTEXT mode,REPORT mode.Could you please help me by explaining Report mode in above three modes.I am familiar with vartext mode and DATA mode. 

Not applicable

Hi SteveF,

You replies on March 28 saying "Well, there is a way to decode the data (we are working on a tool for that right now). The tool, however, will work with jobs run by TPT."

Is this tool available now? If so, please provide the details on how to use the same.

Thanks !!

Teradata Employee

The tool is called "twbertbl" (the "twb" prefix was to be consistent with "twbstat", "twbkill", "twbrmcp", etc.).

It is documented in the TPT Reference Manual.

-- SteveF
Not applicable

Hi Feinholz,

I tried using the TWBERTBL utility to extract the DataParcel Column in the error table and noticed special characters in the output file. Below is the command thats been used . Source is a pipe delimited file, using TPT fastload the Target table is loaded. Please provide your inputs on this. 

twbertbl -u irmsrb1 -t I1991_MLD_ERR_28111532-n 53 -a <accountid> -b<Databasename> -c ASCII -d<|> -e LE -h terat -m<Max nof rows to process> -o C:\TPT\errorlog_0628.txt -r FORMATTED -x C:\TPT\TRACEFILE_0628.txt