fastload on linux

Tools & Utilities

fastload on linux

Hi

I have data files created on AIX-UNIX using fexp INDICATORS,  moved files to a linux server.  Fload the data files to tables fails with error on linux : 

**** 18:30:39 I/O Error on File Checkpoint: 42, Text: Unable to obtain

data signature !ERROR! Unexpected data format

FASTLOAD UTILITY     VERSION 14.00.00.003   PLATFORM LINUX

any help ?

8 REPLIES
Junior Contributor

Re: fastload on linux

This is probably related to AIX using big-endian while your Linux box is little-endian.

I don't know if there's any way to load "wrong" endian data.

Enthusiast

It is strange. Usually unix and linux work well in tandem :). I am just curious if you make any change manually while moving from unix to linux....or  is it just ftpied or secured copy ... ?

it is sftp . we did copy of the files on 3rd aix server & fastload test worked. solution to  load the same files on linux is still unknown.

Enthusiast

It should be as Dieter said. I am not sure if od utility  works in Unix (to compare the files). In linux it works, just to confirm.

Yes it is. AIX  big-endian & Linux  is little-endian. od works.

Enthusiast

Ok :). If you can share your ideas on how you find a work-around for this :). I don't know how complex it is, since I never encountered this situation. Can't the data be vi-ed and edited?

Cheers,

Teradata Employee

As Dieter mentioned: related to AIX using big-endian while your Linux box is little-endian.

You can do FastExport on Linux box (to obtain the file) as you already did on AIX box, then FastLoad the file, or you can write a program to convert the file from big endian to little endian (you can google search for a such program).

IRI is handling this issue (data remapping, including field/column-level endian change support) and creating TD Fast/Multi-load configs via its CoSort or NextForm tools in Eclipse.