Advanced Concept for Workload Analyzer (TWA) - Workload Drill-Down

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Advanced Concept for Workload Analyzer (TWA) - Workload Drill-Down

This problem nothing related to Virtual (TD Express) or non-virtual database. The Dip Script did not run correctly on your system. Due to this, sys_calendar.calendar table is empty and Join with this table is failed which resulting no rows. Please rerun the Dip script with “10 DIPCAL” to populate the calendar system table.   

Enthusiast

hi Sahu,

I am getting below error:

An error occured while loading the ruleset: RULESETNAME.

The error message returned is: Macro 'tdwm.TDWMSelectConfigurations' does not exist. and error code is 3824. [62218]

I raised an incident to Teradata. Meanwhile want to get your suggestions.

Thanks,

Geeta.

Teradata Employee

Hi Geeta,
This is the problem with tdwm setup. TWA using macros to save the ruleset. Could you please execute the TDWM dip script to recreate TWA macros? Let me know which version of TWA and Database you are using?
Regards
Sahu
Teradata Employee

Hi Geeta,
This is problem with your TDWM database setup. TWA is using some macros to save the ruleset which are missing in your TDWM database. Please rerun the TDWM dip script to creates the TWA macros. Let me know which version of TWA and database you are currently using?
Enthusiast

Appreicate your quick response.

TDM: 14.00.00.00. DBS: 14.00.04.06d.

I got this error when i choosen the option 'Analysis'-->'Existing Workload Analysis'.

And i am not getting any error if i choose 'Analysis'-->'New Workload Recommendations'. Any suggestion why i am not getting that error for 2nd option. And I got 'Unassigned requests report' with almost 21 account strings. I was surrpised to know that we do not have any Workload assigned to these many account strings. I am interpreting correctly? And what are the extreme downsides of it having those many Account strings under wd-default (apart from reporting).

Enthusiast

And in my 'Unassigned requests report' i got account strings that have already been assigned to a some Workload . But it is reported by 'Unassigned requests report'. I am wondering why it is showing like that.

For ex: we have a id BatchUser which is already part of a different rules (throttle and one workload). BUt still its name is appearing in Unassinged report. Please clarify what is missing here.

And regarding my previous question i am suspecting the previous upgrade didnt run the DIPTDWM 100% successfully.

Teradata Employee

In Existing Workload Analysis, you not supposed to get unassigned requests. All requests are must be part of some workloads including default workload if TASM enabled. This case only arises when you on/off TASM (enabled and disable TASM), other case would be when DBQL captured some queries when TASM is disable. Please check if some queries in DBQL used for workload analysis having NULL WDID. This means some queries were running when TASM cat3 disabled. The same queries were classified part of some workload when TASM enabled but same queries running outside of workload when TASM was disabled. Is this happen in your setup when DBQL captured with TASM enabled and disabled? please confirm.

Enthusiast

To answer your questions.

Q)Please check if some queries in DBQL used for workload analysis having NULL WDID.

(Yes I checked one account string, its FinalWDID has "some name" and sometimes it is showing "Unassinged" for some of the queries.I noticed the same thing with other account strings too.)

Q)TASM cat3 disabled.

(i didnt  understand what does cat3 (I am guessing category3 that means workload definitions ) disabled means?

We have almost 37 WDs. I am giving this count from VP WLDesigner.).Please let me understand what you mean by cat3 disabled.

Q)The same queries were classified part of some workload when TASM enabled but same queries running outside of workload when TASM was disabled.

(I am sorry,i am confused here. For ex, if an accountstring assinged to one WD (assume WD-Payroll) then how come the DBQL shows UNASSINGED for WDID and why the same queries from that Payroll application will run outside of the workload rule (WD-Payroll).

Plesae let me know if you want me to contact via email to share better inputs.

Thank you again for your concern.

Geeta

Teradata Employee

1. FinalWDId should be some number. Should not be string. If some name than it is dbql bug.
2. Cat3 means workload definition.
3. When you deactivate the workload definition rules then queries will run part of no workload as ruleset was deactivated. So same account become unassigned but when workload definition rules activated than same account run part of some workload and TWA show assigned.
Enthusiast

May be i have made you confused with 1. On Q1.

Let me be clear on this. After i hit on 'Analysis'-->'New Workload Recommendations'. I got a list of Accountstrings under 'Unassigned requests report'. I have picked one of the account strings from that list to check what kind of WD that particular AS getting assinged. And I have noticed for some of the queries under that AS got some Workload name and for some of the queries got UNASSINGNED .

Yes you are right, may be its a bug.

And coming back to my original question, do you have any suggestions for me on handling, ' why i am getting big list of account strings in my 'Unassigned requests report' even those account strings already in cat3 WD rules.

And as a 2nd and 3rd attempt, i tired with the 'Unassigned requests report' with Users(2nd attempt)/Profiles(3rd attempt). i am getting the  same huge list. This time i got the report in terms of the users/profiles.