I am trying to export data from a teradata table to a flat file. My table columns are Unicode formatted in the DDL itself.
Session character set is set to UTF8 inline to my table data definition, because I expect to encounter few foreign language characters as well.
1. Record/Data mode :-
I see all the columns with a lot of special characters. I believe they are data indicators and row length etc because my table data is appearing fine at the SQL Assistant.
2. Record/Data mode and .set indicdata off;
Now the special characters don't appear but I see only 2 columns of the original 80 columns returned by the BTEQ statement. I have set width to even 60,000.
Interesingly, whichever 2 columns I choose in my SELECT sql are showing up fine in the flat file but nothing more than 2 columns. So I can't say that something is wrong with my data or a specific datatyped column. Its like a capping of 2 columns is placed over the file which I hope is just my imagination.
3 Report mode :-
I thought data mode written records be problematic to view in normal editor so I went for Report mode.
Same result as in no. 2 above. I see only 2 columns.
I could give a try to EXPORT REPORT WIDE but my columns aren't too big anyways and more than 2 columns (3 or more) are never showing up. When I try so, only the first two columns appear in the file.