Can we make log tables and error tables created through teradata utilities as non fallback

Tools
Teradata Employee

Can we make log tables and error tables created through teradata utilities as non fallback

Hello forum,

Can we make log tables and error tables created through teradata utilities as non fallback?

If yes, could you please share the procedure.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

GANGA SANDEEP KUMAR

2 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Can we make log tables and error tables created through teradata utilities as non fallback

Hi Sandeep,

I am not sure what extactly you want to do by this, As far as i know, below are the pointers if it helps:

Note : Below process may work, but creating Log Or Error tables is not client utility's responsibility, it's never documented nor advisable to create log Or error tables with utilities.

1.) To create Non fallback table, add NO FALLBACK in your create table statement.

2.) You can Use TPT(Teradata Parallel Transpoter to do so)

3.) To create Log Table,

-Let say you are using LOAD operator,then create a non fallback log table,

CREATE SET TABLE Table_Name ,NO FALLBACK ,

NO BEFORE JOURNAL,

NO AFTER JOURNAL,

CHECKSUM = DEFAULT,

DEFAULT MERGEBLOCKRATIO,

MAP = TD_MAP1

(

LOGTYPE INTEGER,

OPERSEQ INTEGER DEFAULT 0 ,

RUNDATE DATE FORMAT 'YYYY/MM/DD' DEFAULT DATE ,

RUNTIME FLOAT FORMAT '99:99:99' DEFAULT TIME ,

USERID CHAR(128) CHARACTER SET UNICODE NOT CASESPECIFIC NOT NULL DEFAULT USER ,

LOGVERSION CHAR(4) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC DEFAULT 'V3.0',

CHKPTINFO VARBYTE(100),

TOTALAMPS SMALLINT DEFAULT 0 ,

UPAMPS SMALLINT DEFAULT 0 ,

DOWNAMPS SMALLINT DEFAULT 0 ,

AMPARRAY VARBYTE(24576))

UNIQUE PRIMARY INDEX ( LOGTYPE ,OPERSEQ );

- Now give the same Table_Name to load Operator in tpt script as LogTable.

4.) Same process you can try with error Tables too.

Thanks

Dheeraj Madawat

Apprentice

Re: Can we make log tables and error tables created through teradata utilities as non fallback

Hi,

Although specifying 'no fallback' will normally work for user tables I don't think this will work for utility tables.

If a utility job starts and a table with the same name as the expected log/error table already exists then the utility will typically fail at that point.

I'm also not sure that you have any direct control over this aspect of the log/error table definitions.

I'm fairly certain that if the target table is in fallback then the error/log tables will also be in fallback - you have no choice.

You might try specifying 'no fallback' as the default for the database where the error/log tables will be created.

Cheers,

Dave

Ward Analytics Ltd - information in motion
www: http://www.ward-analytics.com