Capturing Errors in MLOAD

Tools
tsk
Enthusiast

Capturing Errors in MLOAD

Hi,

I have a requirement to load a flat file using either mload or fastload. But I also need to do some data type validation on the file and if any column  in the file has incorrect data type or othe formatting issues, I need to send a error summary report to the business user who sent us the file.

My question is, how can I get the error description for each error. Because for getting the error report I probably would have to look into the error table of MLOAD but the error table has only error codes but not a meanigful description of what the error is.

Please help me out here on how to get all these formattting errors captured in a meaningful sense as it needs to be

Thanks,

Kaushik

2 REPLIES

Re: Capturing Errors in MLOAD

Hi Kaushik,

You can join the MLOAD ET_Table with DBC.ErrorMsgs view to get the corresponding error code descripton, I hope this helps you.

Thanks

Mohankumar

tsk
Enthusiast

Re: Capturing Errors in MLOAD

Hi Mohan,

Thanks for your reply and it was helpful. Also since I need to send a summary of error report, is it advisable to do a fast export from the Error table into a file and send the file to my business parterns who gave me the file or is there a better way to capture the error report?