Clarrification on Multiload errorlimit , checkpoint

Tools
Kde
N/A

Clarrification on Multiload errorlimit , checkpoint

Hi ,

I am doing some testing on Multiload using TD12 Demo.

Loading 800 records to integer column.
specified 100 as checkpoint
error limit as 2 record.

Specified Alphabets in numeric columns for record 1, 105,205,305 to check checkpoint and error limit operation and then started multiload.
Job failed as expected after loading 200 records.
I tried changing the values of record 1,105 to correct value and now only 205,305 records has varchar values so Job completed successfully as error is with in it's limit.

My doubt is even after checkpoint of 200 record is completed initially , it should check for changes starting from record 201 instead it consider the changes in 1,105 record. why it check for changes from 1st record after specifying checkpoint option

Please help to explain my simple doubt.

Thanks
San
1 REPLY
Teradata Employee

Re: Clarrification on Multiload errorlimit , checkpoint

Please explain a few things, so that your doubts can be satisfied.

1. I do not understand what you mean by, "it should check for changes starting from record 201 instead it consider the changes in 1,105 record". What do you mean by "changes"?

2. After the first job ended (due to the error limit), did you try to resume the first job, or was your second job a complete restart from the beginning (i.e. did you drop all of the error tables, work tables, restart log tables, etc.)?

3. If the 2nd job was just a restart after altering the data, what is giving you the impression that the job is starting again from the 1st record?
-- SteveF