Connect to Microsoft SQL Server from Teradata Studio 14.10

Tools
Enthusiast

Connect to Microsoft SQL Server from Teradata Studio 14.10

Is it possible to use the new Teradata Studio 14.10 to also connect to a Microsoft SQL Server?

In the “New Connection Profile” wizard is listed “SQL Server”, selecting this brings up a menu for “Specify a Driver and Connection Details”, there are however no driver installed. Pressing the “New Driver Definition”, brings up a menu “Spe3cify a Driver Template and Definition Name” menu, here are listed Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 bases, but selecting any of those just give the information “Unable to locate JAR/zip in file system as specified by the driver definition: sqljdbc.jar”.

Any help on how to connect to SQL Server from Teradata Studio or any description on how to do this?

Peter Schwennesen 

5 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Connect to Microsoft SQL Server from Teradata Studio 14.10

You need to specify the full path names to the SQL Server jars in the "JAR List" tab of the New Driver Definition dialog. You'll need to remove the default jar file names (that don't have any path information in them) that are listed there and use the Add JAR/Zip button to add them using the dialog where you locate their actual locations.

Enthusiast

Ok, but next question. I search my Teradata folder in programs, but it seems that there are o *.jar files. From where can I download the needed Jar (or Zip) files to be able to use Teradata Studio to connect to SQL Server. I looked around but was not able to locate anything. Are these files some ware on the Teradata web site for download? And if where is the link to the files?

Peter Schwennesen

Teradata Employee

The JDBC jars are provided by Microsoft. Try their Microsoft JDBC Driver for SQL Server page at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/aa937724.aspx

Connect to SQL Server using Teradata Express Studio 15

Hi All,

Can anyone help me define the Properties for SQL Server Driver Details.  I'm trying to connect to local instance of SQL Server Express 2012 and AdventureWorks2012 database.  This is what I'm attempting???

Connection URL:jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433

Connect to SQL Server using Teradata Express Studio 15

Hi All,

Can anyone help me define the Properties for SQL Server Driver Details. I'm trying to connect to local instance of SQL Server Express 2012 and AdventureWorks2012 database. This is what I'm attempting??

Connection URL: jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433
Database Name: AdventureWorks2012
Driver Class: SQL Server
Password: my windows pw
User Id: my windows log in