DBCHWAT Returns 220 and FastExport restarts

Tools
Enthusiast

DBCHWAT Returns 220 and FastExport restarts

Hello Everyone, here's what is going on.  Thanks for your help.

I'm moving data from Teradata 12 to Teradata 12 using the named pipes access module.  I'm also using TTU 12 for Windows 32-bit.  My understanding is that I can't use TTU 13 because there is no 32-bit version and TTU14 doesn't support Teradata 12.

There is an empty table on the target system already created.

I start a fastload job using named pipes and it open a pipe and waits patiently for the fastexport job to load the pipe.

When I run the fastexport job, it logs on, get to the intitialization phase I get the following errors:

CLI Error: DBCHWAT Returned 220.

UTY8720 Restarting this FastExport task because the RDBMS crashed.

.LOGTABLE CLASS.Addresses_lg;

.LOGON td121/dbc,<password>;

.BEGIN EXPORT SESSIONS * TENACITY 5 SLEEP 10;

.EXPORT OUTFILE \.\pipe\Test_Addresses FORMAT FASTLOAD MODE INDICATOR;

LOCKING ROW FOR ACCESS SELECT * FROM CLASS.Addresses;

.END EXPORT;

.LOGOFF;

.QUIT;
3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: DBCHWAT Returns 220 and FastExport restarts

CLI error 220 means  connection lost (Network or DBS problem).

Explanation: The DBC/1012 connection was lost due to either a DBC/1012 or Network problem.

Remedy: Change the crash options and retrieve the request.

Since FastExport job can sustain DBS restart, the job should re-submit the request to DBS and continue exporting data. If the DBS do not come up until tenacity value is exceeded, then FastExport wiwll terminate. 

The message you got is showing that DBS restarted while exporting. 

Enthusiast

Thank you Sudhansu.  The only thing is that I don't think the DBS is crashing.  My other query tool keeps its connection while all of this is going on.  I would think I woudl get a connection reset by peer message, but I don't.

One thing I was incorrect about was TTU 13 can be installed on 32-bit so I'm going to do a few more tests with TTU 13.  I've looked at my hosts file and I can ping the other system.  I can do a FastExport without a named pipe also.

Thanks for your help!

Enthusiast

TTU 13 fixed the issue.  I guess if someone really wanted to they could update only FastExport to TTU 13 and leave everything else TTU12.  I don't know why someone would want to do that, but in my circumstance this particular customer is using TTU12.

I'm pretty sure this was a named pipes issue.  The reason I say that this script with a named pipe define would not run on TTU12.  However, the same script would run on TTU 13.  In addition, if I changed the output to a flat file such as C:\TEMP\output.dat on TTU 12 the fexp would run as well.  This probalby won't help too many because most people are already using TTU13 or 14 and you should just upgrade if they are not.  Thanks again.