Easy loader TDload not deleting duplicates

Tools
Enthusiast

Easy loader TDload not deleting duplicates

Hi,

I came across a situation where I am loading a pipe delimited text file to a NOPI table using tdload command. My tpt version is 15.00.00.09 64-bit and db version is Teradata 14.10.07.17. Instead of removing duplicates it loaded entire file with duplicates. It looked like it used file_reader and Load operators. After the successful load I double checked the table for duplicates and sure enough they are. What am I missing here?

-Raghu

• Easyloader
  • Tdload
  • tpt

Accepted Solutions
Teradata Employee

Re: Easy loader TDload not deleting duplicates

Duplicates are removed by the Teradata Database, not by the client application (whether you use FastLoad or TPT Load).

However, in this case, you are loading a NoPI table, and duplicates are allowed in NoPI tables, and thus they are not removed by Teradata.

With the FastLoad protocol (used by the FastLoad utility and TPT Load operator), duplicates are removed in the Application Phase.

When loading NoPI staging tables, there is no Application Phase.

-- SteveF
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES
Enthusiast

I found the reason why this is happening. It is because of NOPI table. I guess it wont delete duplicates for NOPI tables

Teradata Employee

Duplicates are removed by the Teradata Database, not by the client application (whether you use FastLoad or TPT Load).

However, in this case, you are loading a NoPI table, and duplicates are allowed in NoPI tables, and thus they are not removed by Teradata.

With the FastLoad protocol (used by the FastLoad utility and TPT Load operator), duplicates are removed in the Application Phase.

When loading NoPI staging tables, there is no Application Phase.

-- SteveF