Error: "The installation of shared ICU-32 bit appears to have failed. Do you want to continue?"

Tools
Enthusiast

Error: "The installation of shared ICU-32 bit appears to have failed. Do you want to continue?"

I wanted to install from this link http://downloads.teradata.com/download/tools/teradata-tools-and-utilities-windows-installation-packa.... Teradata tool and utilities - base 15.00000 but get error "The installation of shared ICU-32 bit appears to have failed. Do you want to continue?"

Restart of installation didnt help. I`m using win7 32 bit.

And one more thing, I want to install database locally on my pc. What are steps I should pass? Do I need to use VMware?

6 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Error: "The installation of shared ICU-32 bit appears to have failed. Do you want to continue?"

The screenshot of the error

N/A

Re: Error: "The installation of shared ICU-32 bit appears to have failed. Do you want to continue?"

I'm having the same problem.  

I have installed TTU Express initially, but not able to connect to Teradata server as I couldn't find the Teradata driver while making a new connection. I have uninstalled it and trying to re-installing.

I am keep on getting this exception (The installation of Shared ICU-32 bit is failed) while installing TTU_Base.exe. I have installed Shared ICU-64bit.exe file, but still getting the error.

Can someone please help me this

N/A

Same issue here, thanks

Visitor

Re: Error: "The installation of shared ICU-32 bit appears to have failed. Do you want to contin

This solution worked for me on two servers that had this issues, 5 other servers had no issues at all.  Tried restarting without success.

1. Delete C:\Program Files\Teradata

2. Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Teradata

3. Find and delete all registry entries that contain 'Teradata' (update the Windows registry at your own risk.  Updating the registry manually may cause the OS and/or other applications to not function properly.

4. Install 15.00

Cheers,

Adam

Re: Error: "The installation of shared ICU-32 bit appears to have failed. Do you want to contin

I've taken those steps (deleting the binaries) and purging the Registry but still no luck. Now the error seems to be that all the 'tcicu.msi" i use are "not a valid installation package for the product"

then ...

MSI (s) (38:8C) [01:38:55:441]: Note: 1: 1714 2: Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata 15.00.0.1 3: 1612

Error 1714.The older version of Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata 15.00.0.1 cannot be removed.  Contact your technical support group.  System Error 1612.

MSI (s) (38:8C) [01:38:57:350]: Product: Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata 15.00.0.1 -- Error 1714.The older version of Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata 15.00.0.1 cannot be removed. 

Anyone seen this who could share some insight?

thanks in advance