Error: "specified DSN contains architecture mismatch"

Tools
WAQ
Enthusiast

Error: "specified DSN contains architecture mismatch"

Hi,

I have recently downloaded TD 14 Vmware on my windows 7 (64 bit) along with the all the client utilities installed as well.

Now I am trying to connect Teradata using the SQLA installed on my machine. I have installed ODBC drivers but I am unable to see Teradata option in DSN creation wizard of SQLA. However I am able to see Teradata if I create a DSN from control panel. I have created one for Teradata from control panel but then when I select the DSN from SQLA, it gives me an error "specified DSN contains architecture mismatch"

Can someone help me in understanding that:

1. Why I am unable to see Teradata in DSN wizard

2. Why I am getting this error

2 REPLIES
WAQ
Enthusiast

Re: Error: "specified DSN contains architecture mismatch"

Okay I've resolved the issue. I am not exactly sure about the reason of the issue but what I think I didn't follow the right sequence for installing the tools. Initially I installed every thing manually one by one by execuitng each setup one by one but then I uninstalled everything and used the base setup which installed everything in the right sequence.

Enthusiast

Re: Error: "specified DSN contains architecture mismatch"

It is because 32bit ODBC drivers dealing with 64bit TD tools and utilities. Most of the times while installing TTU it sets the 64-bit TTU directory path along with 32-bit TTU in "PATH" environment variable. Removing 64-bit dir path variables from "PATH" resolves the issue.

64-bit path variables contains %\Program Files\% in path and 32 bit path variables contains %\Program Files (x86)\% in path.