FEXP exporting Unicode data with Timestamp/DATE columns

Tools

FEXP exporting Unicode data with Timestamp/DATE columns

Hi Experts

I need to export some data (not a lot) from Teradata using Fast export. The table I am trying to export has columns with multi-byte data (unicode, Latin, Japanese) etc. This table also has a timestamp column which is NOT NULL. When I use the -i , -u, -c flags with FEXP and try to CAST the timestamp column as CHAR(26) , I get an error and no data file is generated. If I don't use the CAST function on the timestamp column then I get an 'Invalid operation on ANSI Timestamp or Date column' error.

The SQL I am trying to use is very simple e.g.

I have tried export FORMAT BINARY and FORMAT UNFORMAT.

Select ID||'|'||

TRIM(NAME)||'|'||

TRIM(ADDRESS)||'|'||

CREATED_TS ||'|'||

FROM CUSTOMERS

If I use the CAST() on CREATED_AS as CAST(CREATED_TS AS CHAR(26), the script fails and no data file is produced. And if I don't include a CAST function then I get an 'Invalid operation on a ANSI timestamp/date column error'.

Any ideas/pointers on how I can resolve this?

Thanks much

1 REPLY

Re: FEXP exporting Unicode data with Timestamp/DATE columns

Sorry , If use the CAST function on the timestamp columns then I get bad data for unicode fields. Don't see the japanese data anymore as an example. Instead I see NULLs. It seems using CAST function in the SELECT statement along with the concatenation of the fields somehow trips up the characterset of the output data

Is it possible to control this behaviour? We are on teradata 14.10.