Fast Export Modes And Format

Tools
Enthusiast

Fast Export Modes And Format

Hi ,

Could any one help me in understanding the differences between the RECORD and INDICATOR modes and also

the different formats available to do fast export ?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: Fast Export Modes And Format

INDICATOR adds one bit for each column at the begin of the exported record bit indicating NULLs.

The different FORMATs are explained in detail in the FastExport manual, they define if a record length and/or an "end of record marker" (=1 or 2 byte linefeed) is added to the exported record.

Dieter

Enthusiast

Hi Dieter,

Could you let me know If I can Fast export the data to excel with the columns seperated? If yes could you help me by giving the Syntax..

Enthusiast

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for the input

I have a question on the restartability of the fast export

I have a script whcih has 1.export  outfile  and 1 .end export stmnt it has two select

statement 1 and 2 in between.

Now if i were to abort the script manually after it has finished exporting for the stmnt 1 and is in the

middle of exporting data for stmnt2 (appends to the same output file) my log table is not dropped

and i delete the output file and resubmit the same fast export script in that case would it again

start exporting for the first stmnt as well ? - as per my understanding the ouput file after restart should

contain only the data for second stmnt as i have deleted the first output file and fast export should

restart from the point it left

please correct me if am wrong

Thanks in advance looking for your inputs