Getting Started with Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse (Discontinued)

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Getting Started with Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse

Tony, Correct, the bar in the 'SQL Statement execution' windowdoes not move. There is another status bar in the lower left hand margin that does move, reflecting the active progress.

Enthusiast

OK, thanks!

Teradata Employee

Tony, It is hard to tell what happened without a stacktrace of the error.  Maybe something to do with changing workspaces?

Hi,

Getting below while installing plug-in. And installation aborts.

For me

=====

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software currently installed: Teradata Java Development Feature 15.10.10.201511041752 (com.teradata.datatools.javadevelopmentFeature.feature.group 15.10.10.201511041752)

Missing requirement: Teradata Stored Procedure Java Bean Wrapper Wizard 15.10.10.201511041752 (com.teradata.datatools.javabean 15.10.10.201511041752) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.jst.ws 1.0.407' but it could not be found

Cannot satisfy dependency:

From: Teradata Java Development Feature 15.10.10.201511041752 (com.teradata.datatools.javadevelopmentFeature.feature.group 15.10.10.201511041752)

To: com.teradata.datatools.javabean [15.10.10.201511041752]

For my colleague

=============

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software currently installed: Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse 15.10.10.201511041752 (com.teradata.datatools.pluginFeature.feature.group 15.10.10.201511041752)

Missing requirement: Views 15.10.10.201511041752 (com.teradata.datatools.admin.teradata.models.views 15.10.10.201511041752) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.ui 3.106.0' but it could not be found

From: Teradata DTP Enhancements Feature 15.10.10.201511041752 (com.teradata.datatools.enhancementsFeature.feature.group 15.10.10.201511041752)

To: com.teradata.datatools.admin.teradata.models.views [15.10.10.201511041752]

From: Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse 15.10.10.201511041752 (com.teradata.datatools.pluginFeature.feature.group 15.10.10.201511041752)

To: com.teradata.datatools.enhancementsFeature.feature.group [15.10.10.201511041752]

We have jre 1.8

Appreciate your help.

Teradata Employee

@asifontheline, It looks like something is missing from your Eclipse installation. Teradata Plugin for Eclipse recommends installing the Eclipse Mars JEE bundle, but you can also install the Eclipse components separately. Be user you have installed the WTP package.

Hi Francine,

I am trying to do a LOB migration SP in JAVA. The SP works with the embedded teradata jdbc driver.

However, the moment i start using our external jdbc drivers for my source and/or target connection my SP started issuing a "7827 : The locator is invalid because it has been changed".

Is it because the embedded jdbc driver is 15.0 (looking at my eclipse driver definition window) and my jdbc driver is 15.10.00.14?

How can I use our embedded driver instead of our external drivers?

Thank you very much in advance :)

Vic Miranda

Teradata Employee

Jakub, It looks like from the stack trace that something is missing:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle com.teradata.datatools.dtp.sqltools.ui

Can you verify that all of the Teradata Plugin for Eclipse packages are installed?

thanks,

After installing the teradata plugin in Eclipse 4.5 Mars.1, the workspace launcher no longer appears when one starts eclipse.  Eclipse always defaults to the default workspace. The Eclipse startup option, window>preferences>general>startup and shutdown>workspaces, is ignored.

Starting eclipse wih the -clean switch from a command prompts does not fix the problem either. I tried all the solutions resulting from the search "eclipse stuartup launcher not displayed" - none of them work.

The teradata plugin works properly, and I can connect to our server and work with databases.

Removing the Terdata plugin solves the workspace launcher problem:

delete eclipse\plugins\com.terdata.*

delete all directories starting with com.teradata

Of course, then one can't use the teradata plugin and experiment with mybatis.

Fan

I insalled the Teradata plug-in for Eclipse Neon and I am able to browse the database in Data Source Explorer.  I would like to know how to set up a Data Source in Data Explorer to use the Teradata database for reports in BIRT.

I add a Data Source, go to Manager Drivers add the terajdbc4.jar file and then have com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver available.  I select it, enter jdbc:teradata://192.9.220.33:1025/Database=PROD_DWVM and username / password.  When I click Test Connection, I get the error below.  Doesn't make sense since Data Source Explorer works.

org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: Failed to create a connection. Please verify the connection properties.

at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionPageHelper$TestInProcessDialog$TestConnectionJob$1.run(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:218)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:182)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4024)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3700)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:818)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:794)

at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.MessageDialog.open(MessageDialog.java:396)

at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelectionPageHelper$8.widgetSelected(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:1036)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4248)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1501)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1524)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1509)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1313)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4072)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3698)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:818)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:794)

at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.dialogs.BaseDialog.open(BaseDialog.java:117)

at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.providers.EditableDataSourceNodeProvider.performEdit(EditableDataSourceNodeProvider.java:73)

at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.views.DefaultNodeProvider.performRequest(DefaultNodeProvider.java:472)

at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.views.actions.EditAction.doAction(EditAction.java:85)

at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.views.actions.AbstractElementAction.run(AbstractElementAction.java:70)

at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.views.RenameListener.doubleClick(RenameListener.java:214)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$1.run(StructuredViewer.java:833)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:50)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:173)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireDoubleClick(StructuredViewer.java:830)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.handleDoubleSelect(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1470)

at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$4.widgetDefaultSelected(StructuredViewer.java:1264)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireDefaultSelectionEvent(OpenStrategy.java:252)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$0(OpenStrategy.java:249)

at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:311)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4248)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1501)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1524)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1509)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1313)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4072)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3698)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)

at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:687)

at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:604)

at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:138)

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)

at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)

Teradata Employee

The latest Eclipse plugin is not working at all. I have installed it on the Eclipse Luna, Kepler, neon, oxygen with the combination of windows 7 and windows 10.

After installing the Teradata Eclipse Plugin ( http://downloads.teradata.com/download/cdn/tools/tdide/tdide-16.00.00.00/update ), It' s giving error "unable to load the default jar files" while creating the project with Teradata Wizard. below image showing the root cause.

These paths are configured while installing the Plugin and manual changes also are not working. "prefix ile:/" is the word that wrongly added to the all path's.

eclipse_teradata_plugin_error.png