Getting Started with Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse (Discontinued)

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.

Re: Getting Started with Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse

Database :
RELEASE 13.10.03.03
VERSION 13.10.03.06

XML Services
TeradataXML_LINUX_v13.10.00.01

Teradata Plugin
Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse 14.01.00.00

Teradata JDBC :
TeraJDBC__indep_indep.13.10.00.31

CLIv2 13.10.0.3 -- Client Version. Not sure yet database end

Thankyou.

When I click on Cache Selected Schemas I get the an error when it is trying to create a connection:
Error trying to create connection:
comm.teradata.jkbc.TeraDriver
Resolve connection error(s) and try again
Test Connection works fine and I can query the databases.

Also, when copy and pasting form the result set view, is there a way to copy the column headers as well? I am only getting the data.
Teradata Employee

@wjm7605 When you get the Connection Error message, what appears in the message box between the "Error trying to create connection:" and "Resolve connection error(s) and try again"?
Teradata Employee

@wjm7605 The Copy Cells action of the Result Set view copies the selected cell values. The column names aren't really cell values so they are not included in the copied data.

Is it possible to use one of the Save/Export formats for what you need? Those operations save the full results (not just the selection) with the columns' names.
Fan

Hi, can we include SELECT statements inside a UDF/JUDF? Thanks.
Teradata Employee

You cannot run SQL in a Java UDF. However, you can with a C UDF but it may have performance issues.
Enthusiast

@fgrimmer: I dowloaded Teradata Express and Studio Express. How can I make connection with either existing database: tdadmin or tduser? Or how I create a new database to start using the studio express tool? Thanks.
Enthusiast

@fgrimmer:I figured out to connect to tduser database from Studio Express. Thanks any way.
Teradata Employee

@txasmst, Glad you got your connection working. Teradata Studio provides dialogs to help you create Schemas and Users. There is also Help available to assist you with using the dialogs, as well as SQL Templates available in the SQL Editor.

To use the SQL Templates, open a SQL Editor from your connection profile and enter Cntrl+Space. You should see a pop up list of possible words or SQL templates (scroll down). Select CREATE SCHEMA or CREATE USER to display the SQL for creating a database/schema or user.

Is there an option to display databases hierarchically, like in Teradata Administrator?