Getting Started with Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse (Discontinued)

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Getting Started with Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse

Database hierarchies are represented in the Teradata View when displaying the list of Schemas (showing the parent and child relationship). We are looking into adding database hierarchies to the Data Source Explorer.

HI Francine,
i'm a newbie at teradata and start with the eclipse plugin, works great. But one thing i'm missing. The code assist for colums doesn't work if i use aliases for tables as well as i not qualify the schema name(at the select oder where clause for each column). I'm confused about that, somebody told me that my conclusion is correct and that doesn' work. See also http://forums.teradata.com/forum/tools/eclipse-teradata-studio-express-code-assist

Have you more information about that?

Best regards JOhannes
Not applicable

Will the Teradata plugin for Eclipse version 14.02 work with Eclipse Indigo 3.7.2?
Teradata Employee

Yes, But you should also update the version of DTP to 1.10.1, as there have been some bugs fixed that were affecting our release.
Not applicable

Install of version 14.02 has failed. This in in a clean downloaded instance of eclipse-jee-juno-win32-x86_64, which opens fine when fresh, and then hangs forever on the eclipse splash screen.  Do you know the problem, or can you help me un-install the plugin so that I can recover and begin using again my formely working eclipse install, with many plugin etc, that I have been running without problems for a while now?

Thanks

Aaron

Enthusiast

Dear Grimmer,

I installed Teradata Studio Express. While creating the new connection, Selected "Teradata Database" in connection profile type and named it as "testServer". After this. I gave the details as below

driver type : Teradata Embeded JDBC Driver

Database Server Name : testServer

UserName : testUser

password : DBC

then tried test conncetion. i am getting ping failed. the exception i am getting was as below

com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: [Teradata JDBC Driver] [TeraJDBC 14.00.00.21] [Error 1000] [SQLState 08S01] Login failure for Connection to testServer Wed Mar 13 09:39:48 PDT 2013 socket orig=testServer cid=180b845 sess=0 java.net.UnknownHostException: testServer   at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)   at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(Unknown Source)   at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressesFromNameService(Unknown Source)   at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)   at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)   at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF$Lookup.<init>(TDNetworkIOIF.java:183)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.connectToHost(TDNetworkIOIF.java:282)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.createSocketConnection(TDNetworkIOIF.java:131)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.<init>(TDNetworkIOIF.java:117)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.getIO(TDSession.java:585)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericLogonController.run(GenericLogonController.java:95)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.<init>(TDSession.java:214)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6_SQL_Connection.<init>(JDK6_SQL_Connection.java:34)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6ConnectionFactory.constructConnection(JDK6ConnectionFactory.java:22)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:130)   at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:120)   at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.doConnect(TeraDriver.java:232)   at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.connect(TeraDriver.java:158)   at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.connectivity.db.teradata.TeradataJDBCConnection.makeConnection(TeradataJDBCConnection.java:293)   at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.connectivity.db.teradata.TeradataJDBCConnection.createConnection(TeradataJDBCConnection.java:121)   at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.internalCreateConnection(DriverConnectionBase.java:105)   at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.open(DriverConnectionBase.java:54)   at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.drivers.jdbc.JDBCConnection.open(JDBCConnection.java:73)   at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.connectivity.db.teradata.TeradataPingFactory.createConnection(TeradataPingFactory.java:36)   at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionFactoryProvider.createConnection(ConnectionFactoryProvider.java:83)   at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionProfile.createConnection(ConnectionProfile.java:359)   at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.createTestConnection(PingJob.java:76)   at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.run(PingJob.java:59)   at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)  

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDriverJDBCException(ErrorFactory.java:93)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeDriverJDBCException(ErrorFactory.java:68)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorFactory.makeIoJDBCException(ErrorFactory.java:206)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.util.ErrorAnalyzer.analyzeIoError(ErrorAnalyzer.java:61)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.createSocketConnection(TDNetworkIOIF.java:138)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.<init>(TDNetworkIOIF.java:117)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.getIO(TDSession.java:585)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.GenericLogonController.run(GenericLogonController.java:95)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.TDSession.<init>(TDSession.java:214)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6_SQL_Connection.<init>(JDK6_SQL_Connection.java:34)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdk6.JDK6ConnectionFactory.constructConnection(JDK6ConnectionFactory.java:22)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:130)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:120)

at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.doConnect(TeraDriver.java:232)

at com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver.connect(TeraDriver.java:158)

at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.connectivity.db.teradata.TeradataJDBCConnection.makeConnection(TeradataJDBCConnection.java:293)

at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.connectivity.db.teradata.TeradataJDBCConnection.createConnection(TeradataJDBCConnection.java:121)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.internalCreateConnection(DriverConnectionBase.java:105)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.DriverConnectionBase.open(DriverConnectionBase.java:54)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.drivers.jdbc.JDBCConnection.open(JDBCConnection.java:73)

at com.teradata.datatools.dtp.connectivity.db.teradata.TeradataPingFactory.createConnection(TeradataPingFactory.java:36)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionFactoryProvider.createConnection(ConnectionFactoryProvider.java:83)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionProfile.createConnection(ConnectionProfile.java:359)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.createTestConnection(PingJob.java:76)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.run(PingJob.java:59)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: testServer

at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)

at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(Unknown Source)

at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressesFromNameService(Unknown Source)

at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(Unknown Source)

at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)

at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(Unknown Source)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF$Lookup.<init>(TDNetworkIOIF.java:183)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.connectToHost(TDNetworkIOIF.java:282)

at com.teradata.jdbc.jdbc_4.io.TDNetworkIOIF.createSocketConnection(TDNetworkIOIF.java:131)

... 21 more

Please help me out in Establishing the new connection and work with TD sqls.

Teradata Employee

I'm not sure how the Teradata plugins could cause Eclipse to hang? We have installed in Juno with no problem. Can you delete your workspace and try to restart Eclipse? You could try to manually remove the Teradata plugins and features from the Eclipse /plugins and /features directory, but I am not sure if there is other information stored. I would also delete the workspace as well.

Teradata Employee

@swatisvl, It looks like from the error message that you do not have a Teradata system called 'testServer'. The connection profile needs to refer to your Teradata system. If you DO have a Teradata system called testServer, verify that you have it defined in your host file. You can also enter an IP address of your Teradata system.

Enthusiast

Hi Grimmer,

Where do i need to check for the Teradata System Please let me knwo i am totally new to this...

Enthusiast

if i install only teradata studio express wont tat suffice to work with teradata databse ? what do i need to install more so that i will have teradat system