Getting Started with Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse (Discontinued)

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Getting Started with Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse

@swatisvl, Teradata Plugin for Eclipse will enable your current Eclipse system to connect to a Teradata Database system, browse the database objects, and execute queries. If you are not a current Eclipse users, it may be easier to use Teradata Studio Express or Teradata Studio to browse your Teradata Database or execute queries. Refer to the following article to show a comparison of the Teradata Studio tools: http://developer.teradata.com/tools/articles/teradata-studio-products-choosing-the-right-client-tool

You can open a Command window (DOS) and 'ping' the Teradata Database system name or IP address  to verify that the system is up and the name is correct. If you do not have a Teradata Database System, you can install Teradata Express.

Teradata Employee

Yes, Studio Express will connect to a Teradata Database System. Do you have the name or IP address of your Teradata Database system?

Enthusiast

I installed TD-TTU-13.0 and created one ODBC DSN. there i gave the ip address as the result of ipconfig i.e    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 49.204.1.68. here is the result please have a look

C:\Users\Swathi>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::48e5:f125:3ef0:d0f6%11

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 49.204.1.68

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.192.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 49.204.0.1

Tunnel adapter isatap.Belkin:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

now i tried to connect first from TD SQL assistant.  the error i got is 10061:10061 WSA E ConnRefused. The Teradata Server is not ccepting the conncetion.

Enthusiast

Dear Grimmer,

Can i contact you in this regard? can i get your number ? Please do let me know.

Teradata Employee

@swatisvl, I will try to email you.

Teradata Employee

Hello, I have a problem with the installation of Eclipse + Teradata Plug-in. I get to start Eclipse, I get to install Teradata Plug-in but when I try to create a Connection File I cannot select Teradata as a Connection Profile. If I try to install again Teradata Plug-in, I get a message that tell me that the software is already installed. Please could you help me? 

Teradata Employee

Hello, I try to create a new driver definition but I cannot see the 'Teradata Embedded JDBC Driver'.

Teradata Employee

Did you reboot Eclipse after the install? What version of Eclipse are you using?

Teradata Employee

Yes. I reboot Eclipse, I reboot my laptop. This is the version of Eclipse:

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.

Version: Juno Service Release 2

Teradata Employee

We have not release support for Juno SR2. We currently only support Juno SR1.