Getting Started with Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse (Discontinued)

Tools
Tools covers the tools and utilities you use to work with Teradata and its supporting ecosystem. You'll find information on everything from the Teradata Eclipse plug-in to load/extract tools.
Teradata Employee

Re: Getting Started with Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse

Ok. Thank you. I will install Juno SR1.

Any upcoming release plans for support on Juno SR2?

Teradata Employee

Yes, planned release for Q3 2013.

Enthusiast

Unfortunately I'm hitting an issue when deploying a Jar using the Eclipse plugin. Using Juno SR1 and Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse 14.2.0.201302060115, essentially the latest available as of today.

This has worked okay previously in the project and none of the code or settings have changed, definitely using jdk1.5, I think there is something incorrect about the "Container" field value or UI field component on the jar files page:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -2

at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)

at com.teradata.datatools.jxsp.JXSPJavaUtil.getRootFromContainerName(JXSPJavaUtil.java:695)

at com.teradata.datatools.jxsp.JXSPJavaUtil.createJar(JXSPJavaUtil.java:157)

at com.teradata.datatools.jxsp.editors.JXSPJarFilePage.createJar(JXSPJarFilePage.java:474)

at com.teradata.datatools.jxsp.editors.JXSPJarFilePage.installJar(JXSPJarFilePage.java:236)

at com.teradata.datatools.jxsp.editors.JXSPJarFilePage.access$1(JXSPJarFilePage.java:220)

at com.teradata.datatools.jxsp.editors.JXSPJarFilePage$2.run(JXSPJarFilePage.java:212)

at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)

Teradata Employee

It would be helpful if you could give me the container name, JAR name and JAR id of your JAR specifications.

Teradata Employee

Your workspace project maybe out of sync, please try refreshing your project from the Project explorer and try redeploying your JAR.

Enthusiast

The details from the JAR specification screen for Java Stored Procedure Multi-page Editor is as below:

Container: /teradata_jxsp3

JAR Name: DynamicProcCallerJarFile.jar

JAR ID: DynamicProcCallerJarId

I have tried refreshing the project, restarting Eclipse and unfortunately I get the same error. I can zip up the Eclipse project and send through to an email address.

Teradata Employee

I need the following information to help debug your problem:

What operating system are you running on?

Is there any errors in your Project?

Did you refactor anything in your project?

Do you have read write privileges to your Eclipse project? Also check privileges outside of Eclipse.

Did you just upgrade to 14.02 Teradata Plug-in for Eclipse?

Enthusiast

OS is Windows 7, there are no errors in my project, I didn't refactor anything, I have read and write privileges in and out of eclipse, I installed a new version of eclipse (Juno SR1) and installed the Teradata plug-in for the first time in the IDE.

The very strange thing is that the Jar has deployed successfully, I didn't change any code / project settings, then it stopped working unfortunately.

I can zip up the Eclipse project and send through to an email address?

Teradata Employee

If you want to send your Eclipse project, you will need to go through Teradata support.

I do have some more things you could check.

What JDK do you have installed on your PC?

Did the Teradata Log have any errors? (The release definition has directions on how to access your log).

You can try an automated Ant build. You can create an automated build on the last page of your Java Stored Procedure Multi-Page editor. (The following article has more details on the Ant build:

http://developer.teradata.com/tools/articles/automating-a-build-for-java-stored-procedures-using-the...). When your run your Ant script, you should use the -v option for the verbose mode.  This may help you debug your problem.