How to compile pp2c file using visual studio

Tools
Enthusiast

How to compile pp2c file using visual studio

Hi,

I'm new to Teradata. I have a code which was written using Preprocessor2 long time back (may be using older version of Teradata 8 years back). Now I want to reuse the code and compile the same on windows. When I go through with "Teradata Preprocessor2 for Embedded SQL Programmer Guide Release 09.01.00 B035-2446-115A November 2005" I do get a section how to use pp2win.exe. But when Teradata express edition is installed I dont get pp2win.exe in "Teradata client\bin" folder.

Could anyone please let me know how to compile the *.pp2c file. What all the options I need to set in under visual studio.

I check the sample code for CLIv2 and using the sample code I'm able to connect to Teradata database. Actually I dont want to rewrite the Preprocessor2 code to CLIv2, because this will take long time. And I have to deliver a PoC in 2 weeks of time. Hence this is high priority for me.

Advance thanks for your help
2 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: How to compile pp2c file using visual studio

Hi Shrihari,
when you're running Teradata Express you should install the matching TTU 12 and check the matching manuals for TD12 (it's on the DVD).

The name of the exe changed to ppcmain.exe

Dieter
Enthusiast

Re: How to compile pp2c file using visual studio

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I did go through with docs and it says use "ppcmain option option /I ". I already have a file *.pp2c. I include the setting for this file as ppcmain.exe tera.pp2c tera.c in visual studio pre-complier. When I compile this file it shows error message wincli32.dll not found. Eventhough this dll exists in the system32 folder. When I try ppcmain.exe tera.pp2c tera.c on command line nothing happens.
Please educate me how to solve this problem.