How to loading the large object into the BLOB column?

Tools
Fan

How to loading the large object into the BLOB column?

We want to loading the large object into the blob column with the command line loading tool.

I guess it can be loaded with Java applications. But with bteq, fastload or multiload, how to load it.
6 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: How to loading the large object into the BLOB column?

It can be loaded via Queryman and also via BTEQ , but not using FastLoad and MultiLoad tools.

Please refer to Teradata Manual (Basic Teradata Query Reference.pdf) – Chapter 5 LargeDataMode.

Please do let me us know if you require any sample for the above statements (including using Java/VB).

From Teradata 13, TPT can handle lob loading. Also BTEQ in this version has been enhanced to support deferred transfer of LOB values via Imports.

Teradata Employee

Teradata Parallel Transporter can also load LOBs. It cannot use the FastLoad and MultiLoad protocols, it has a SQL Inserter operator (similar to BTEQ import), but it does provide some parallelism.
-- SteveF
Fan

Thank you very much for your reply. I will try to use bteq.
Enthusiast

i have a table:
CREATE SET TABLE TEMP_DB.METADATA_TEST1 ,NO FALLBACK ,
NO BEFORE JOURNAL,
NO AFTER JOURNAL,
CHECKSUM = DEFAULT
(
REC VARCHAR(10) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC,
META_DATA CLOB(2097088000) CHARACTER SET LATIN)
PRIMARY INDEX ( REC );

I need to insert records in to this table from a Flat file which has the column delimiter as '|' (pipe symbol) and the row delimiter as '~^'

Can any one help me in this?
Teradata Employee

Do any one has a sample code that can be used in SQL Assistance to load *.jpg files into BLOB columns in a table?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

N/A

is there any way to load a flat file which has blob data type using fastload?

flat file is exported from oracle -- > need to load into teradata table with blob?