[INFO] Teradata Administrator and password...err.no.3682

Tools
Enthusiast

[INFO] Teradata Administrator and password...err.no.3682

Uhmm hi all, that's my first (beginning) thread, and at first i wanna say good morning everyone (at least6 in ITALY!!!!)...
Today i have came at my work, i have begun to logon with my teradata admin client and...little popup "passowrd expired, u need to change it"...ok i have changed it, but another error came out: "3682"...i needed to call dbc admin and he has setted for me a new password, but i culdn't change it....why?? where's the error?? new password too long (12 characters with numbers and letters)??? can someone explein me the code of error??
1 REPLY
Enthusiast

Re: [INFO] Teradata Administrator and password...err.no.3682

Hi,
Err cd defines that ur passwd expired and u ve to change it by means of the modify User....If u dont have the access right for executing modify user...then ur SYSADMIN user must reset it....then u can login...

karmakoma:
"but i culdn't change it....why?? where's the error?? new password too long (12 characters with numbers and letters)??? "

If u ve the sysadmin rights and if u ve got this Type of error then it will be becozz ur passwd u ve given doesnt meet the criteria set in the DBC.SysSecDefaults table...