Import in TD SQL Assistant

Tools
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Import in TD SQL Assistant

Hi All,
I have exported a table to a file using the export facility of SQL Assistant.
The export was successful and the file was created.
Please help me to import the file.
Thanks.
8 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Import in TD SQL Assistant

Insert into tablename values (?,?, etc) where each ? correlates with a field in you target table. Run the query and you will be prompted for the file that you wish to load.

Hope this helps

DavidPracy
Enthusiast

I believe you will have to remove the column header information from the file that you intend to load.

Thanks,
Vinay Bagare
Enthusiast

Thanks David/Vinay,
Indeed the columns headers needs to removed from the file other wise it leeds to unexpected results.
Instead while exporting if the column headers are not included then the import would be easy.
Can u please tell me some thing about ?b and ?c used while importing?

Thanks
N/A

I was doing Import In sql Assistant and received
Code = 5. A data value on record 1 is too long for the parameter buffer. Increasing the buffer size on the Export Options may help.

Any idea?

Increase your SQL Assistant import buffer size to fit with the size of your data field : access SQL Assistant menu/options/importexport/import/buffersize

Hope it helps,

Enthusiast

Can We load only specific columns using SQL Assistance

If so please send me the process.

Thanks

kiran

Starting at page 42 -- in the Teradata SQL Assistant for Microsoft Windows User Guide -- talks about importing. (do a web search to find the doc). I think your answer is there.

Alan

Continuing to the above query made by Nitish, I am working on TD SQL assistant version 13.

In this i could not find any option for IMPORTING file from desktop and loading its data into TD tables.

in TD 12 it was there. I checked in the manual also , but it has mentioned about the TD 12 , way.

Can any one tell me how to achieve this in TD 13 queryman.