Installing Teradata Administrator

Tools
Enthusiast

Installing Teradata Administrator

Hi,

Can anyone please provide some pointers for downloading and installing Teradata Administrator in my system. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

2 REPLIES

Re: Installing Teradata Administrator

If you want to download the teradata tools its available in official website you can download from it.It may contain the package of 15.00 version.

To install Teradata Manager on your PC

1 Exit all currently running Windows programs and disable any virus protection software running on the system.

2 Remove the previous version of Teradata CLIv2, if applicable:

a From the Windows desktop, click Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs or from the Windows Vista desktop, click Start>Settings>Control Panel>Programs and Features.

b Click Teradata CLIv2 number, where number is the version number.

c Click Add/Remove or Change/Remove.

d Click Yes to confirm.

3 Remove the previous version of TDICU, if applicable:

a From the Windows desktop, click Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs or from the Windows Vista desktop, click Start>Settings>Control Panel>Programs and Features.

b Click Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata number, where number is the version number.

c Click Change/Remove.

d When the following question appears, click Yes: “There is 1 product that depends on Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata. Do you want to continue with the uninstall.”

e Click OK to confirm.

4 Remove the previous version of TeraGSS, if applicable.

5 Run the Teradata Tools and Utilities installation as described in the Teradata Tools and Utilities Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows. When the TTU Select Install Method dialog box appears, do one of the following:

• To set this PC up as a Teradata Manager Server, follow the instructions that describe how to install Teradata Manager interactively, and then continue to Step 6.

• To set this PC up as a Teradata Manager Client, follow the instructions that describe how to install Teradata Manager silently, and then skip to Step 7.

6 Continue executing the installation instructions. The Teradata Manager installation application executes. This may take a few minutes. Follow the installation instructions until the Setup Type screen appears, and then do one of the following:

• Select Server on the Setup Type screen.

• Select Custom on the Setup Type screen, then select the Teradata Manager Service on the Select Features screen. This installs the Teradata Manager Service.

7 Complete the installation as directed. 

[url=http://www.besanttechnologies.com/company/corporate-training]Corporate training in chennai[/url]

Re: Installing Teradata Administrator

Thanks dude..Now I know the pointers for downloding and installing in my system..Thank you so much..for somebody asking this question..Now it is also used for me..Thanks..http://www.aimitacademy.com/android-training-in-chennai