Issues with 'Teradata.Client.Provider.TdType' in Port of .NET Application using Teradata Client 13.11.00.01

Tools

Issues with 'Teradata.Client.Provider.TdType' in Port of .NET Application using Teradata Client 13.11.00.01

All,

Attempting a port of a dynamic .NET application from Oracle (System.Data.OracleClient) Database to Teradata ('Teradata.Client.Provider) Database.

While most objects are the same, I am finding that some crucial methods and attributes are not available in version 13.11.00.01 of the Teradata.Client.Provider.

The application is dynamic in that it accesses and performs all processes using Procedures and/or Functions.

I have encountered the following issues regarding the TdType method's attributes... How do I get around this...

1. 'Teradata.Client.Provider.TdType' does not contain a definition for 'Cursor' 
  2. 'Teradata.Client.Provider.TdType' does not contain a definition for 'Int32'
  3. 'Teradata.Client.Provider.TdType' does not contain a definition for 'Number'.

This occurs in typical uses such as...

// set-up call to package method ...

m_TdCommand = CreateLiveCommand(pPkgPrefix + Constants.DB_PKG_SelectRowsLike_POSTFIX);

// distinguish command type ...

m_TdCommand.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;

m_TdCommand.Parameters.Clear();

// define referential param cursor into select return set ...

AddParameter(Constants.DB_PKG_PARAM_pCursor, TdType.Cursor, ParameterDirection.Output);

What am I doing wrong... please assist...

Regards,

AArkaah.

2 REPLIES

Re: Issues with 'Teradata.Client.Provider.TdType' in Port of .NET Application using Teradata Client 13.11.00.01

Let me try and ask the question a different way...

Does anyone know how to access and retrieve results from a procedure back into a .NET application via cursors?

The issue I am having is centered around declaring a parameter as a Cursor type - which was available in System.Data.OracleClient.

Re: Issues with 'Teradata.Client.Provider.TdType' in Port of .NET Application using Teradata Client 13.11.00.01

AArkaah,

You might want to take a look at the Teradata .Net Provider documentation to be found here:

http://developer.teradata.com/doc/connectivity/tdnetdp/13.11/webhelp/webframe.html

If I remember correctly, there is an example on how to call a Teradata-SP including parameters and how to iterate over the result set returned by the call to the SP.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

A.