MLOAD VARTEXT FORMAT

Tools
N/A

MLOAD VARTEXT FORMAT

HAI

I am new to mload. will vartext file format support integer and date format.

Thank u.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Re: MLOAD VARTEXT FORMAT

Hi,
No i dont think so it will support. You can use integer format

Thanks
Angel
Teradata Employee

VARTEXT says the input file is delimited text. The input fields can then be converted/CAST to Teradata datatypes using standard SQL expressions or in some cases will be implicitly CAST by Teradata if you supply the FORMAT description.

Whether or not that allows your data to be loaded easily will depend on how the text is formatted. For example, Teradata date formats require the month and day components to be two digits (leading zero if less than 10).
N/A

Hi,

Thank u for the Suggestions . Now if I use FORMAT (TEXT or UNFORMAT)in multiload how will I specify the Delimiters and EOF condition.

Thank U.
Giri
Teradata Employee

TEXT or UNFORMAT don't recognize field delimiters, they are fixed format. If there are delimiters in exactly the same column position in every record, you could ignore them - either using explicit starting column position for the FIELDs or using FILLERs for relative column positioning.

TEXT expects a newline as the record delimiter. UNFORMAT expects no record delimiter; if there is one you can define it as FILLER so it is ignored.
N/A

Thank u.

Now I have have got a better idea.