Maximum number of FastExport scripts than can run concurrently

Tools
Enthusiast

Maximum number of FastExport scripts than can run concurrently

Is there any limit to the number of FastExport script that can be executed in parallel.

Say I have n number of table and n number of FastExport scripts than will offload the data from n tables.Now if I start all the n FastExport scripts in parallel how many of them will execute in parallel?

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES
Senior Apprentice

Re: Maximum number of FastExport scripts than can run concurrently

The number of FastExports is limited (if there are too many they get queued), but the actual number is based on multiple settings, probably somehwere between 5 an 60. 

Talk to your DBA, they should know :-)

Enthusiast

@dnoeth

I found this information in the web that 

"FastExport is a 64K block utility it falls under the limit of 15 block utilities. That means that a system can’t have more than a combination of 15 FastLoads, MultiLoads, and FastExports".

Is it true?In that case the a system at most can't have more than 15 FastExports?

Senior Apprentice

This is outdated information, the max number used to be set using dbscontrol, but it's usually superseded by workload management (TASM) rules.

Enthusiast

@dnoeth

What are the parameters that can be used to control the parallelism of multiple FastExport script?I could not find this info in the FastExport reference documentation.

Senior Apprentice

You can't set it in a FastExport script, it's determined by the workload settings of your system, talk to your DBA.