Missing records

Tools

Missing records

Hi,

Could someone please help me with this?

I used external loader fastload in informatica to load the teradata table. The source has 5 million records and after executing the workflow, I see that 10 records are missing in the target. I don't understand what happened to those 10 records. If the records were rejected, I can see that in rejects or else it would reflect in the session log. What should I do?

Thanks,
Suma
7 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Missing records

Where did you check for the missing records? Did you query your error tables?

I checked the session logs and also the source/target statistics to see the rejected rows and it shows zero.
N/A

I have never worked with Informatica, so I am not sure what those logs do for you. But since you didn't find anything there, maybe you should query the two error tables that you create at the beginning of the mload to see if your missing 10 rows were written to the error tables.

The two error tables are dropped after the load. I checked the logfile and it says the tables are dropped. It shows duplicate rows=9. So where can I check the duplicates?
N/A

If all error tables are dropped by MLOAD, I only suspect that you have one of the following options

IGNORE DUPLICATE INSERT ROWS

If you want to check this, you may want to remove this option from your multiload script.

Vinay

ok I'll try that and see.
Teradata Employee

You say you selected FASTLOAD? FastLoad always quietly eliminates totally duplicate rows. If you really need to load duplicate rows to a MULTISET table you should use some other method, e.g. MultiLoad.