Mload Error - UTY3403 Only one statement per line is allowed.

Tools
Enthusiast

Mload Error - UTY3403 Only one statement per line is allowed.

I have an Mload script which gives the following error. 

UTY3403 Only one statement per line is allowed.  Extra characters were detected beginning in column '43'.

I have verified the same script against my other scripts and its fine. There are no syntax problems. 

Is this error got something to do with the import data file format 

I have a  .xlsx file in which data to be inserted into table is present. I have 14 columns in the file and 15 column in the table . Hence I am casting the 15th column as date in my Mload file layout. Dont think this is an issue. 

Saved the data file as a .csv with pipe delimiter . Mload fails. 

Changed the delimiters to {Tab} , Pipe , Semicolon . All leading to same error. 

What else could be the trouble here ? 

Came to know from one of my acquaintance that changing the Layout name will eliminate the issue. 

Is the name of the layout an issue ?

5 REPLIES
Junior Contributor

Re: Mload Error - UTY3403 Only one statement per line is allowed.

Simetimes those extra characters are hard to spot, might be a TAB. Some editors can show special characters, otherwise simply go to the end of the line with errors and delete anything after the semicolon.

Enthusiast

Thanks Dieter. I see CR LF characters at the end of the line . Should I get rid of those ?

As for TABS I tried finding using a Notepad ++ by copying & pasting a TAB from ordinary notepad. There are none. 

Enthusiast

2 Data lines as below . Will the '/' also be treated as delimiter even thought '|' is specified as the delimiter? 

1001A|G/3K/FAS|Singer|Macro|Central|Motherhood is all|Guniea|10.7|3..51|B41|Recreation Park|P1|Tier 110|T3|N/A|Active

1002A|G/3K/FAS|Cycle|Macro|Central|Patriotism is important|Malad|10.6.|3.23|B0|Bulohgh River|P9|Tier 10|T3|N/A|Disabled

Teradata Employee

Can you provide the script?

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

Thanks to Steve & Dieter. When I copied the script here to reply Steve, I found that there was an additional line in the Layout structure , after removing which it ran fine. I had previously checked only the data file for additional tabs/ special characters but didnt check for the existence of same in my Mload script. 

.FIELD SID * VARCHAR(10);{                    }

.FIELD BAND * VARCHAR(10);{                    }

Instead of 

.FIELD SID * VARCHAR(10);  

.FIELD BAND * VARCHAR(10);