Mload and Fload erros: EOF Encountered before End of Record, Data Signature problems on Windows

Tools

Mload and Fload erros: EOF Encountered before End of Record, Data Signature problems on Windows

Hello All

I'm having to use mload and Fload on Windows to load some data because none of the ETL tools are accessible to me.

I have pipe delimited text files. Whenever i run mload or fload scripts, it fails at the last record with 'EOF Encountered before End of Record' error';

I searched all forums and got no solution for it; Suggested solutions

1) use hex editor and check last record- Unfortunately  no hex editor is available for me

2) Remove carriage return from last line and add two spaces at the end: Tried this but no avail.

3) Any other jugglary i try- i end up with a data signature error!

But , If i copy paste data on to excel-->text to columns---> save as ms dos csv format and load the same data, voila! it loads fine!

I cant open files with millions of rows in an excel. Is there a definitive solution to what could be done here?  Can you please help me out

• data signature
  • mload fload EOF End of Record
3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Mload and Fload erros: EOF Encountered before End of Record, Data Signature problems on Windows

What version of the tools are you using?

The message is indicating that you did not have an end-of-record marker (usually the newline) at the end of the last record.

This issue was supposed to be fixed. Thus, I need to know what version of MultiLoad and FastLoad you are using.

-- SteveF

Re: Mload and Fload erros: EOF Encountered before End of Record, Data Signature problems on Windows

Hi 

Thanks for your reply. From the logs it is 14.10.09.07; 

Was there a fix after this?

Regards

Vijay

Teradata Employee

Are you sure the number was 14.10.09.07?

That is not usually a number that we use (in 14.10, we did not increade the 3rd set of digits).

Did you mean 14.10.00.07?

-- SteveF