Mload - error 6706

Tools

Mload - error 6706

Hi,

I am loading data in Teradata using Mload. I have a flat file (Page Code - UTF-8) and this flat file is source file to the mload script. Mload connections also set to UTF-8.

While loading, few rows are getting error out and going in to ET table with error code 6706.

Please let me know if there is way to catch untranslatable character in Mload Script or if any one know solution to handle such problem.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Pranav
6 REPLIES

Re: Mload - error 6706

I guess it's only me (unlucky person) facing this problem. I hope some one from Teradata/NCR itself could reply for my qeustion.

Regards,
Pranav
Enthusiast

Use Translate_Chk(field,UNICODE_TO_ASCII).
This gives you the character number in the field which causes the 6706 error, or zero if it is OK.
If there is only one bad character, you can use substring up to the bad character and after it, or we just gave "Incalid Address Line" when we found addresses like that. It sort of encouraged our users to fix the problem.

Hi All,

I have the same issue in multiload. I use datastage.
UTF8 the input and the charset of the muliload scipt too.

How can I eliminate them in the upload process? I don't have staging table for this.

I ran into this same issue while loading from a Flat File with Informatica.
In my case I had to set the Data Movement variable in the PowerCenter services as UNICODE instead of the Default ASCII. Also, I had to make the file Reader Windows ANSII, and the conversion will happen at runtime.
Enthusiast

Hi,

Am struck with the same issue as well. My Source and Target are both Teradata databases, however they are different physical servers. I need to load data from one server to another. Both the source and target definitions are exactly same and my informatica mapping is a one to one mapping. I have set the file properties to Unicode and Code Page Set for the fastload connection is latin which I believe cannot be changed.

It would be really helpful if some one can help me on this as this is a critical issue in my project.

Thanks.

Enthusiast

Hi,

Am struck with the same issue as well. My Source and Target are both Teradata databases, however they are different physical servers. I need to load data from one server to another. Both the source and target definitions are exactly same and my informatica mapping is a one to one mapping. I have set the file properties to UTF8 encoding and the Code Page Set for the fastload connection is latin which cannot be changed.

It would be really helpful if some one can help me on this as this is a critical issue in my project.

Thanks.