Multiload issues

Tools
Enthusiast

Multiload issues

Hi

I have many text files with duplicate records. I had been working with fastload but it seems that fastload does not allow duplicates. So now I am trying multiload but getting some technical difficulties.

Issue 1: Data value for each field in my text files (which resembles column value in table) are variable length and terminated by semicolon.

Fastload easily handles this (by vartext ";" and giving the maximum length of each field). But so far I saw in multiload scripts, we have to specify the start position and number of bytes afterwards, Which is now not possible for me since I have 200+ gigabyte data with variable length field values and finding the start postion in hard, moreover I have almost 160+ text files. I believe there might have some ways in multiload to deal with such files.

My sample test file is:

a;bc;cddddd;
aa;b;\N;
aaaa;bb;cdd;
a;bc;cddddd;
...;...;......

I wouild appreciate if anyone suggest how to solve my problem in multiload if possible
Or
give me a sample mload script file to import this sample test file. (Would be a great help!!)

Issue 2: I am using nullif command to recognize '\N' as null while importing. Is there any way to do the same thing in multiload.

thank you
-Mahib
1 REPLY
Junior Contributor

Re: Multiload issues

.IMPORT .... FORMAT VARTEXT ';' ...;

.FIELD xxx * VARCHAR(xx) NULLIF xxx = '\N';

Easy to find if you'd checked the MLOAD manual...

Dieter