Newb here - Need some help with OS X Teradata ODBC Client

Tools

Newb here - Need some help with OS X Teradata ODBC Client

Yo!

Here is my dilemma. I was hired as a contractor to work on front end stuff and the first day I show up, the company decided to have me to Business Intelligence testing. First off, my SQL is not very strong, second, I've never done business intelligence testing, much less heard of Teradata. Flash forward one month, I have learned a lot and am making progress, however, the DevOps portion of how these databases and such work is a bit of a mystery to me. 

Currently, I am using Teradata SQL Assistant Version 14.10.0.04 on Windows 7 Enterprise. 

Database Version: Teradata 14.10.0507 14.10.05.07 

Provider Version: ODBC 14.10.00.02 

My issue is that I am switching to a Mac and the download page for Teradata SQL Assistant JE for Mac is a 404 page. 

I tried ODBC driver Manager from Apple, I've tried Teradata Studio Express... so far, I cannot figure out how to access the IP of my Teradata databases on OS X. 

I'm fairly lost all around and really don't want to contact our companies helpdesk(more like hurt desk), I'd like to resolve this on my own. 

I am open to -ANY- SQL Query tool to do my testing. As long as I can do joins and maybe even export CSV ill be OK. 

I hope I have provided enough information to garner some assistance from the wisdom of these forums. Thank you so much! 

3 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Newb here - Need some help with OS X Teradata ODBC Client

Get Teradata Studio for the MAC. Uses a JDBC connection. Lots of getting started info within the tool section of this site.

So, I will be able to connect to ODBC via JDBC? There is an ODBC driver but Teradata Studio Express did not recognize it. I will try Teradata Studio and let you know my results. 

Figured it out with your help, thank you, I was stumbling on my understanding of connections, I can use JDBc in lieu of ODBc, thank you!