Notify TPT ODBC Operator

Tools
Teradata Employee

Notify TPT ODBC Operator

Hi,
Actually I'm loading tables to teradata from sql server 2005 (the database version is 13.1).

I have implemented the notify exit routine for the load operator and now I'm trying to implement the notify for the odbc operator, the problem is that I can´t find documentation for it, does any one know if it is posible to implemente the notify exit routine for odbc operator ??
Can I use another operator to extract the data ?, I guess it is not posible to use the export operator

Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES
Teradata Employee

Re: Notify TPT ODBC Operator

The Notify feature does not work with the ODBC operator.
The Notify feature only works with the Load, Update, Export and Stream operators.

This is because the Notify feature was originally supported with the FastLoad, MultiLoad, FastExport and TPump utilities and so that functionality carried forward with the 4 corresponding TPT operators.

There are no current plans on supporting the Notify feature with the other operators.
-- SteveF
Teradata Employee

Thanks for your answer.

I guess it is not posible to use the export operator, can you confirm this please ??

Thanks for any help.
Teradata Employee

something else, I´m having problems to get the error when i execute my tpt's using the notify,
for example if there is a sintax error i see the error in the log tpt, but i don´t get this error by notify, is there any enviroment variable for windows to get this error ? if not how can i get this error ?

thanks !

Teradata Employee

Please read the documentation. The documentation explicitly states what types of information are supported.
The Notify feature is to capture and report events while loading (or exporting) data.
Syntax errors occur and are detected by our infrastructure, not by the operators.
As to your previous question about using the Export operator, the answer is no, the Export operator is only used to extract data out of Teradata.
-- SteveF