Rejected Rows in Teradata

Tools
Enthusiast

Rejected Rows in Teradata

Hi All,

Is there anyway through which we can redirect the rejected rows into some other file while loading the teradata table from a flat file.

Thanks

8 REPLIES
Enthusiast

Re: Rejected Rows in Teradata

Hi All,

I want to what the RowErrFileName parameter is used for and which version of TPT it uses.

I am using 13.10.00.00.06 and it does not work for me.

Can anyone please explain me how to use this parameter by giving sone example.

Thanks

Teradata Employee

The RowErrFileName attribute specifies where error rows are directed. Error rows include those with either incorrect column counts or individual columns with invalid lengths.

Upgrade to 13.10.00.09 or later. The 13.10.00.09 version fixed a problem with the RowErrFileName attribute.

Enthusiast

Thanks Tony for your response .

Tony whether this file will store exact rows of the incorrect records or something else ?

Teradata Employee

It will store exact rows of the incorrect records.

Teradata Employee

It depends on what you mean by "rejected" rows.

The RowErrFileName attribute only works for rows that can be rejected by the DataConnector operator.

Not the rows rejected by Teradata.

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

IMHO TPT should honour both server side and client side rejects when it evaluates ERRORLIMIT attribute. I believe as of now only server side rejects are considered (ET/UV tables). setting RowErrFileName attribute makes our ERRORLIMIT attribute obselete except for issues 6706.

Thanks,

Charles

Teradata Employee

These are 2 different scenarios and cannot be lumped together.

The ErrorLimit feature is an operator-specific (not job-specific) feature and is currently controlled by the consumer operator (i.e. Load, Update).

The RowErrFileName feature is controlled by the producer operator (i.e. DataConnector, acting as a file reader).

One operator has no knowledge about the other.

However, we are adding the ErrorLimit feature to the DataConnector operator (most likely in 15.0).

-- SteveF
Enthusiast

in TPT we can define error file. This file stores rejected records like data struture mismatch and column lenth mismatched records will store into this error file.